Andrew Luck retires

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just saw this on the ESPN tracker while watching the florida/Miami game. Didn't see that coming, colts were looking to have a solid season.

imhighhommie

imhighhommie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely stunning. I guess the dude has just been too banged up over the years, can't really remember a time when he was fully healthy. I'm sure he'll get the hunger and come back in a year or two, guy is still really young.

imhighhommie

imhighhommie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
THEY BOOED HIM AS HE WENT OFF THE FIELD LAST NIGHT!!!

Omg that is just shameful. Absolute trash.

JJP

JJP

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
THEY BOOED HIM AS HE WENT OFF THE FIELD LAST NIGHT!!!

Omg that is just shameful. Absolute trash.

Of course they booed him lol, he waited til 2 weeks before the season to abandon his teamates and give them little options to replace him. He just took his team from a playoff team to a bottom 5 team, I would have booed him too !

Glad my team didn't draft this dude lol

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mean , hes tried to come back multiple times , he just has the Jake Locker effect to where he can never ever stay healthy. Yeah its shitty he waited till the beginning of the season but what more did you want from him? Wait 5 games into the season? He was never going to start. For me as a Titans fan this is great news , as an NFL fan its shitty news because even though I hate to say it Luck was a great QB and had the potential to have a Monster career

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jacoby Brissett is the QB for the Colts.
Luck was an overrated potential.

V

Vander44

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shocked. Colts will have a hard time winning without him.

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would he have made this decision without the calf injury, or was the calf injury just the latest in a series of events that brought him to this decision? While no one can criticize someone for retiring from a game as violent as NFL football player, Luck's manner, during the press conference, suggests that his decision wasn't solely related to physical issues but also emotional ones. Many thought that the Colts had, arguably, the most talented roster in the AFC. Now they're completely lost.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would he have made this decision without the calf injury, or was the calf injury just the latest in a series of events that brought him to this decision? While no one can criticize someone for retiring from a game as violent as NFL football player, Luck's manner, during the press conference, suggests that his decision wasn't solely related to physical issues but also emotional ones. Many thought that the Colts had, arguably, the most talented roster in the AFC. Now they're completely lost.

They aren't completely lost, they just have a setback at QB , brissett isnt a terrible QB ,he just cant take on the passing workload Luck would have...not yet atleast. This is the first season wear Brissett has practiced all summer with first team reps. He has potential to be a better than good QB this season but time will tell. They still have Line issues and the main concern is can Brissett keep from turning the ball over

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its understandable that he’s retiring because of all the injuries and trying to come back mentally and physically, but the timing is shocking. Probably the most shocking retirement news I’ve ever heard. I don’t think he’s coming back. I think if he feels 100%, then he’s not going to risk his well being trying to play football again. He’s a smart guy and has earned nearly 100M his career. As much money as he’s leaving on the table for the future, I think he’ll be fine. It’s also good on the Colts to not hold his 24M for this year. They never gave him a good Oline and probably mismanaged his injuries a bit.

Q

QA77

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its understandable that he’s retiring because of all the injuries and trying to come back mentally and physically, but the timing is shocking. Probably the most shocking retirement news I’ve ever heard. I don’t think he’s coming back. I think if he feels 100%, then he’s not going to risk his well being trying to play football again. He’s a smart guy and has earned nearly 100M his career. As much money as he’s leaving on the table for the future, I think he’ll be fine. It’s also good on the Colts to not hold his 24M for this year. They never gave him a good Oline and probably mismanaged his injuries a bit.

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
great loss to the NFL I feel that I can not stand the pressure exerted by not only the public but the team, tremendous QB that lacked to have a better team not only his injuries prevented him from displaying his potential

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For 1, I think that calf/ankle injury may be more serious than is put out there, maybe even acl or something.

2, I think he does a Rickey Williams and disappears for a few years, comes back with dreadlocks and even droopier eyes. In every post game interview he will quote rap lyrics and wrongfully attribute them to ancient philosophers like Socrates and Pythagoras.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I still can't believe that he is retiring at 29 years old. He had a good career. Good luck to him in whatever he does after retiring.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After trying to get back on the field after numerous injuries over the years,Colts fans decided to boo him off the field,,,,he didn't deserve that and the fans don't deserve Andrew Luck. :aetsch: He'll come back after a couple years,,,to a better team. :)

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Think lots of players wait until its too late to retire, hopefully he is healthy enough to enjoy his money and his family.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Peyton Manning and Andrew Luck combined gave you 1 super bowl. Crazy.

P

PokerSki

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was surprised that he retired

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They paid him the extra 26 million too

C

Cdub512

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Luck getting booed when the word got around of his retirement was totally classless. Even though it's shocking, can't say it's a surprise considering how often he got injured. Thanks to their former GM, Ryan Grigson, not trying to improve the O Line.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course they booed him lol, he waited til 2 weeks before the season to abandon his teamates and give them little options to replace him. He just took his team from a playoff team to a bottom 5 team, I would have booed him too !

Glad my team didn't draft this dude lol
Being from Indianapolis I can promise you there is more to this story then it seems. Our owner Jum Irsey is a shady dude. Nit dont get me wrong he does a lot for charity, hes big in the community to hide the shadyness he does behind closed doors....

I dont have proof, but I do know/heard stuff from creditable sources about a few things that led up to this. If what I believe happened is true. This all back on the owner.....

I've very confadent that Luck already desided to do this back in March, but Irsey and the front office told him to hold on to it cause they were behind on season ticket sales this year. The time to get a refund for your season tickets was the begainning of last week.... do the time frame yourself and figure it out.... what was the nail in the coffin for me on this theory is the fact they let him keep the 24M the team could have Recouped....

Irsay told Luck, "look I need the season tickets, if you retire now I wont get them. If you hold out till 2 weeks before the season starts they cant be refunded, and I'll let you keep your 24M."

Like I said, no proof, but I know people in the organization, I knew about Lucks laserated kidney when they were still saying he had a concussion.... cause the games after werent sold out yet, and wanted there to be a chance he would play so those tickets would sell....

Trust me, when it comes to NLF football I promise you there is more shady busniess that goes on then you could imagine....

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm sorry to hear that! I was very pleased with the return of last season. It could have been a good season for the Indianapolis Colts this year. I'm not a big colts fan, but less has become the NFL with an excellent QB! :(

99TERRANCE99

99TERRANCE99

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smart decision to hang the cleats up