• Total voters
Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, looking at the standings in the National League, there's not a lot of suspense in terms of divisional races, or the wildcard, though the Cardinals are only 4 games ahead of Pittsburgh, and 6 clear of the Chicago Cubs, so I suppose that there is a chance that maybe the Pirates could catch the Cardinals, but I'd say the chances of that are VERY small.

The American League, however, is entirely different, with tight races in the AL East and the AL West. Kansas City has pretty much sewn up the AL Central. The AL Wildcard race is pretty wide open, with Texas holding the second wildcard spot, and 5 teams within 6 games of the Rangers.

Minnesota Twins - 1.0 game behind (GB)
Los Angeles Angels - 3.0 GB
Cleveland Indians - 4.5 GB
Tampa Bay Rays - 5.0 GB
Baltimore Orioles - 6.0 GB

Who do you think will be the two wildcard teams?

My two picks for the wildcard spot are the Yankees and Rangers. The Yankees are, as the first wildcard seed, 3.5 games ahead of Texas in the second spot, and I think they will finish as the top seed, and will host Texas in the one game playoff. I also think that the Yankees will not be able to overtake Toronto for the AL East division title.

Texas - 22 games left, 16 at home
Houston - 21 games left, 9 at home

Texas definitely has a huge advantage, and with the Astros struggling of late, I think the Rangers will overtake them to win the West.

***** Please only choose TWO teams *****

Davidjohnedge

Davidjohnedge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Really hoping my Twins can pull this out. Nobody, including me at the beginning of the season would have thought we had some sort of chance with such young players. I mean i was hoping we just wouldnt finish last in the division. But now we have a chance for postseason play.