2021 European Super Cup thread

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Chelsea vs Villareal.
The last friendly before the season starts or a serious trophy worth winning?

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chelsea vs Villareal.
I think it is a serious trophy worth winning. I did not remember a final of Supercup where one of the finalists to underestimate or to play with unserious squad. It is normal for that part of the season as a first match, both teams in the final to select players with good and more days pleased pre season trainings and that will see today in Chelsea - Villareal.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.I choose the second option.Both teams did a great job winning the 2 most important events of the continent, so they will do their best to win this one.My favorite team to win this match is the present UCL champion Chelsea.However, this will be a great opportunity for Villarreal to win another trophy in its history.

ulgromkii

ulgromkii

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hope to see an interesting match, with beautifully scored goals. I'm rooting for Chelsea.

middle73

middle73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Both will score and the total is more than 3.5

B

BART777

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, the European Super Cup is not a training or exhibition match for a long time. this can be seen in the dedication of the teams and their feelings at the end, be it a victory or a defeat.
Yesterday was a decent match, and a series of kicks is like the icing on the cake, although it's always drama. congratulations to Chelsea on the victory. I hope that this season it will be especially interesting to watch for Chelsea.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you for the replies. I think the format they've got now works.
When it was always played in Monaco, the Friday before the first international break (so well after the season had started) I'm not sure if it had the same pull - this was back when Premier League clubs would play mid-week matches in August (ah, those were the days) so if any of them were involved it could be quite draining playing this 2 days after a league game.
So moving it to mid-week, before the league season starts, and having a different venue each year is definitely an improvement. It feels like more of a curtain raiser to the European season too now.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chelsea vs Villareal.
I think this is a purely formal event in the world of football! Although it is also quite a prestigious cup!

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
with Lukaku comeback Chelsea is a real contender to win the title