2020 NFL Draft is changing venues

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm curious how many of the expected early picks actually show up.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I'm curious how many of the expected early picks actually show up.

I would think zero would show up at the studio. Maybe by Skype or something similar? Just a guess.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You would think it would be something along those lines but I saw a story earlier about how they plan to run it as usual even though it was advised against. I suppose it would speed up the first day if it was done over the internet.
I would think zero would show up at the studio. Maybe by Skype or something similar? Just a guess.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
its sucks players wont get the same experience as usually

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes there will be zero sort of physical gathering of players at any location in hopes to #flattenthecurve. That being said, they'll likely implement video calls and the like to best improve the TV broadcasts of the event. Of course it'll look and feel very different without the fanfare and photo ops for the players, but it's the only option they have at this point. It's a big-money TV event too, so although it could probably be condensed to just a one-day event, it'll likely be spread out to earn money and give teams the usual amount of time to plan their decisions in the time they're usually used to.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
NFL

Thanks for the update. Will be a different format for sure but at least progress is being made and hopefully the next season will start on time

Stay safe all & hope soon we can all get back to our normal life styles.

:D:five:

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Vegas woulda been a blast. It will be interesting to see how players like Tua fare w/o having a chance to workout for all teams.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
A lot of players had pro days that they missed out on also. It will be interesting to find out how teams evaluate the players that they didn't get to see work out.

Ice Wolf

Ice Wolf

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You would think it would be something along those lines but I saw a story earlier about how they plan to run it as usual even though it was advised against. I suppose it would speed up the first day if it was done over the internet.
Yeah this is just a guess but I think it will probably end up looking more like the MLB draft than the usual NFL draft. I am just glad that something I care about in the sports world is coming on TV.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Los Angeles Times reports that next month’s 2020 NFL Draft is moving from Las Vegas to a TV studio setting due to the coronavirus. It may not be quite as entertaining but the draft will go on.

2020 NFL Draft Reportedly Leaving Las Vegas for Empty Studio

Thank you for the post. At least we still have this. I was disappointed to hear the Olympics were postponed. Glad to see the NFL could find a safe compromise for the draft. Now we will get to watch the Lsu Dream quarterback go #1 to Cincinnati. I personally would go defense and pick chase from Ohio State. You can never have enough top notch pass rushers in today's pass heavy league. Good luck.

Good Luck To All:cool: