2018 NBA Draft

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do you like the picks so far?

Stone cold move by Philly to trade the hometown boy for later pick and future 1st

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm really surprised trae young going that high. I think there is a decent chance he will be a bust.

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I want to see Trae Young for G-League and see. How he is really that good.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm really surprised trae young going that high. I think there is a decent chance he will be a bust.

I agree, I was pretty shocked.

His defense sucks, I don't know how his game is going to translate. I feel like pretty similar to Trey Burke on the Knicks.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like an overseas player to me. Reminds me of Jimmer Fredette in a lot of ways.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I notice the odds on LeBron staying in Cleveland approved a little after sexton was picked 8th. I like sexton, he has a lot of heart, and I see him being almost like a rondo type of player but he shoots and finishes better.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I notice the odds on LeBron staying in Cleveland approved a little after sexton was picked 8th. I like sexton, he has a lot of heart, and I see him being almost like a rondo type of player but he shoots and finishes better.

I don't know why the odds would increase with that selection.

Lebron almost for sure is leaving.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. But they did improve, houston took a hit. Cleveland was the 7th lowest odds at +3000 apparently in early june but had moved up to 4th or 5th when I noticed there were odds for that the other day. They are 3rd lowest now at +500. Philly is second at +450, and the lakers are the clear favorite at -150

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree. But they did improve, houston took a hit. Cleveland was the 7th lowest odds at +3000 apparently in early june but had moved up to 4th or 5th when I noticed there were odds for that the other day. They are 3rd lowest now at +500. Philly is second at +450, and the lakers are the clear favorite at -150

Haha it's so crazy how they make odds for everything these days

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Speaking of the lakers, lbj, and all of that. You know how I was talking about the Lakers getting a center to go with a lbj/george/kwahi combination. Well they drafted Wagner when there were better players available. Technically he is a pf, but he is 7 foot. The irony though is that that pick came from cleveland.

B

BeiMoh420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Michael Porter Jr...Goes from my Missouri Tigers to my Denver Nuggets. #DreamNight. Can't believe they let him slide all the way to 14. There's no other player I wanted more in this draft.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

I have been a Philly fan my whole life. I would love to see them get better and better. I have my fingers crossed that they will find a way to win a title sometime in the near future.

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im not sold on Young but he has something that cant be teach at this state and that is a great passing ability, that alone will give him a spot on any roster in the league just like Lonzo.

F

formertroll

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Seems like an overseas player to me. Reminds me of Jimmer Fredette in a lot of ways.

that jimmer is putting up some serious numbers in china...speaks to the quality there as much as it does his own.

jho

jho

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Michael Porter Jr...Goes from my Missouri Tigers to my Denver Nuggets. #DreamNight. Can't believe they let him slide all the way to 14. There's no other player I wanted more in this draft.

Great talent but big risk with his health. He got the same back surgery as Tiger, remains to be seen how he recovers.

THbc19

THbc19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the question that matters is: which team will Lebron play.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Philly move made no sense at all. Bridges fit a need of shooting for them in case they loose Reddick, this Smith kid is a freak athlete but can't shoot a lick.
How do you like the picks so far?

Stone cold move by Philly to trade the hometown boy for later pick and future 1st

Trae Young can shoot from distance, the problem is if he can stay on the court massive liability on defense and will he be able to get his shot off, Jimmer was a better player and much better shooter in college than Trae was, I see bust written all over this pick. Going to really hurt for Hawks if Doncic fulfills his potential with Dallas.

Lebron wanted Sexton but pick have no bearing on his decision. There are rumors from sources saying LBJ is more likely staying in Cleveland for at least one more year but contingent on improving the roster. There have been rumors of a lot of communications between GM and LBJ past week and that is what would have improved odds.

Sexton has heart he single handily almost lead Tide to victory in a crazy 5 on 3 game, he had 40 something, he took Irving number too Cavs fan like him already. Whether or not he was traded on draft night we will not know until a month, Cleveland could not have traded pick officially that night, they could only trade player from pick a month after.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Top 2 prospect last year has all the skill set you want in an NBA star. Medicals is why he dropped so badly. It is a real bad sign he dropped so far, Embiid sat out whole first year and he was still taken no.2.

I hope he recovers and becomes the player we think he could become Denver has a great young backcourt and big, a talented wing is what they are missing he will fit perfectly and make them a real threat in West.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
If Cleveland somehow improves the roster he stays in Cleveland.
If PG13 goes to Lakers he will go to Lakers as well.
If neither above happens he will consider Philly.

Cavs rumors I been hearing - Kwahi trade with spurs or Kemba Walker trade with Charlotte or PG13 signing.
the question that matters is: which team will Lebron play.

B

BeiMoh420

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, medical issues are why he dropped so much. I also think that teams passed Chicago weren't prepared for him to still be on the board. All the other teams had their minds made up on who they wanted. He literally just fell into the Nuggets arms.

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Denver got a steal if he is healthy. Probably has rhe beat upside out of the whole draft. Hope it works out for him.