Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Randy Johnson (97.3%)
Pedro Martinez (91.1%)
John Smoltz (82.9%)
Craig Biggio (82.7%)

One of the most stacked classes ever. Just some brief observations of each guy.

Randy Johnson - Probably the most dominant left-handed pitcher ever. Almost 5000 strikeouts, 303 career wins, was a force in games 6 and 7 of the 2001 World Series, which is the stuff legend is made of.

Pedro Martinez - Yankee fans are singing "Who's Your Daddy". That was probably the funniest thing of all time when, in a press conference, he said the Yankees were his Daddies. All kidding aside, his 7 year peak was probably among the best ever. He was just simply unhittable and one of his big moments was in the 1999 All-Star Game in Boston, while a member of the hometown Red Sox, struck out when he struck out Barry Larkin, Larry Walker, Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire and Jeff Bagwell in two innings.

John Smoltz - Spent the bulk of his career as a starter, though had some arm problems in the middle of his career and had to turn to closing and was dominant as a closer too. Was a pillar of the great Atlanta Braves teams of the 1990's and early 2000's. Struck out over 3000 batters in his career and was very good in post-season play too.

Craig Biggio - Over 3000 hits, a staple of the Astros lineup for 20 seasons and was a multi-time All-Star player. First guy to hit 50 doubles and steal 50 bases in the same season. Second all-time in being hit by a pitch. He was a very durable player for his career as well.

There were some close calls as well, especially Mike Piazza. A lot of Met/Dodger fans are probably disappointed that he didn't get in, but I'm sure he will get in on next year's ballot. The only notables on next year's ballot are Ken Griffey Jr. (no brainer in my opinion), Trevor Hoffman (I think Mariano Rivera gets in before he does, if he even does) and Billy Wagner (very borderline candidate, would be shocked if he got in).