Is the 2000-2006 Real Madrid "Galacticos" the best club in history?

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lineup: Iker Casillas | Michel Salgado, Ivan Helguera, Pavón, Roberto Carlos | David Beckham, Zinedine Zidane, Guti, Luis Figo | Raúl and Ronaldo

For me they marked an era and I fell in love with that team as a child and because of them I follow Real Madrid.

Makelele is not in the lineup but he was an excellent game cutter.

What other teams are compared?

Funkyst3t

Funkyst3t

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lineup: Iker Casillas | Michel Salgado, Ivan Helguera, Pavón, Roberto Carlos | David Beckham, Zinedine Zidane, Guti, Luis Figo | Raúl and Ronaldo

For me they marked an era and I fell in love with that team as a child and because of them I follow Real Madrid.

Makelele is not in the lineup but he was an excellent game cutter.

What other teams are compared?
In this time period, there were a lot of good teams and decent players!:rolleyes:

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.I´ve never been a Real Madrid´s fan but that was a great team.However, I prefer the Milan by Arrigo Sacchi with Van Basten, Gullit,Rijkaard, Maldini,Baressi ...amazing era.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that it was a good team, but not the best team. Unfortunately the team didn't win so many titles and I think they had stronger teams in history. I think Milan mentions better in the publication above, Real Madrid who won the league three times in a row recently, very strong, Santos in the 1960s with Pelé. Ajax in the 1970s was also very strong.

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is this serious or a joke?

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Gah_JEC_13_Joi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A matter of perspective and my personal opinion

They played like the gods
I absolutelly do respect your opinion, but how we say here in brazil... Its a bad opinion.

Was a very good group of players, but never was a team... Ronaldinho did eat this team with farofa on Bernabeu easily.

As the 2004 UCL champion Carlos Alberto said... Real Madrid would fight relegation on brasil's second division.

As a tip of a friend... Look on YouTube for the 60s Santos and the 1970 world Champion Brasil... I know Brasil its not a club, but those are the best of the best you can find.

(Hope you get the ironies and, again, I do respect you. Cheers to you and sorry for the bad English).

G

Gallego1523

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It was a great team, but not the best in history.

D

Davey_H

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
very marketable team, especially Beckham, and it was in an era when the "champions" league had just expanded and had 2 group stages so there was far greater exposure to a wider audience so they were able to reach a lot more casual fans.
I remember when they beat Man Utd in the '03 and they were referred to as the Harlem Globetrotters of football. Sadly I'm not sure they had the success to match their reputation - during the era the OP is referring to, they won 1 "champions league" final (in '02, famous for that brilliant Zidane volley) and 1 La Liga title just before Beckham joined.
Everyone remembers them signing Beckham, don't forget during this time they also signed Owen, Woodgate and Gravesen from the English league. How'd that work out?!
I'd say the Milan team Valeski refers to above were better, sadly it was in a pre-"champions-league" era when the game was no-where near as fashionable or hyped as it was in 2003. I'd also say the Barcelona team from 2006 to 2015 were both more enjoyable to watch and had the trophy hall to match.