The 144th Preakness Stakes Saturday May 18

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The post positions have been drawn and they're ready to run.

I used to attend this race annually when I lived in the nearby Northern Virginia area. The infield was always a big party and the place to be.

Of the three triple crown races I've had the most success in handicapping this one in the past along with the cheap claiming race that is run just after.

I havent had a chance to handicap this years race just yet but I will be doing so very soon and posting my plays right here in this thread. So let's get started on this one and get a nice score! Chime in with your Preakness Stakes winner and exotic plays. Here is a copy of the past performances to get you started off right:

http://www.brisnet.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Preakness19.pdf

Last edited:
ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bumping for views. I am really liking Alwaysmining's chances. Will definitely have him top and below in an exacta, as well as keyed and boxed in a triple.

I am going to go over it with a fine tooth comb to be certain as far as whether or not to bet him to win. He's got everything but the class under his belt but every horse has to start somewhere and hes at the top of his form fresh off a win of the The Federico Tesio Stakes with a bullet workout in his most recent. 6 wins in a row at the 100k stakes level. Should get a good price as an 8-1 morning line runner.

Going to include Improbable, Owendale, Bodexpress, Anothertwistafate, and Win Win Win underneath him and likely atop him in an exacta.

Will be back with more thoughts as they happen. Whats your thoughts?

Here's some more free products for the race:
http://www.equibase.com/free/index.cfm?SAP=TN

Last edited:
ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bourbon War is a dangerous horse that will go unnoticed. His last race wasn't off of enough rest so you can safely toss it. Has speed fugues 2 and 3 back at the G2 level that command respect. He will be well rested for this race. A must in the exotics. Has the ability to win this outright so include up and down or box.

The crowd will miss this one and you will get a nice price.

Last edited:
ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not much interest in this race on the forum so my final thoughts. Good horses on the outside need a perfect trip and I dont think they will get it.

Going with Bourbon War atop Alwaysmining and Improbable and back the other way. Boxing for triple. If the odds are good we will take him to win as well.

On the rest of the card I like a long shot in Race 2 in the #3 Whirling Curlin at 10-1 ML to win and open a pick 3

Race 4 should serve up the favorite Top Line Growth and closing the pick three with a 9-2 ML Hip Hop in race 5

Best of luck

S

Synopsis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the dq in the derby kinda left your casual horse racing fan (I'm in that bracket) a bit sour. It certainly did for me. That and maximum, and the horse that won the derby not being in it doesn't help matters much. I'll probably look over the names and pick one that rings in my ear and put a small bet on it tonight.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i need to look up the horses anyone good some good bets for it

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to say that I see Bodexpress as a chance because in the Kentucky came with good action and the preakness always runs with the muddy track

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have to say that I see Bodexpress as a chance because in the Kentucky came with good action and the preakness always runs with the muddy track

Yes it often does rain but the chance of it this year seems low:

2019 Preakness Stakes forecast

Service: The Weather Channel
Projected weather: Cloudy
Projected temperatures: 80 degrees (high), 63 degrees (low)
Race-time projection: Partly cloudy
Chance of rain: 20 percent
Service: AccuWeather

Projected weather: Some sunshine
Projected temperatures: 79 degrees (high), 64 degrees (low)
Race-time projection: Partly cloudy
Chance of rain: 14 percent

Aremaz95

Aremaz95

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if I think that this race will be tighter than the derby kentucky because it is not the winner of the kentucky, nor the lowered maximun security, a horse that catches my attention is Improbable

jrgum25

jrgum25

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Horses that I like are Improbable, Bourbon War, War of Will, Owendale and Always mining. I think its highly likely your winner will be one of these horses and for that reason I'm using them in exotics. I got unlucky at the Kentucky Derby because I placed a wager on Maximum Security that would have won but I'm still looking forward to this race because I like horse racing although the debacle at the Kentucky Derby sort of put a damper on the remaining 2 legs of the Triple crown this year since there will be no Triple crown winner this year.