• Thread starter Infinity Objective
  • Start date
Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The first Saturday in May approaches and the day climaxes with a 1 1/4 mile race as the first parameter to test the speed and distance of the top 3 year old's in the world at Churchill Downs in Louisville Kentucky. The race is scheduled to launch at 6:50 PM EST on NBC. The weather is schedule to be nice mild 70's, light breeze, little to no chance of rain

This race will have several hundred million dollars wagered on it globally. More money bet on this race than some racetracks take in on an entire season, typically consisting of months. With 20 betting interests, the race payouts have a potential to be huge.

This year, only colts have entered the race, no geldings or fillies. #14 Mendelssohn is my top pick to take it down. #18 Vino Rosso and #5 Audible very nice. #16 Magnum Moon, #7 Justify both undefeated look great. #19 Noble Indy and a long shot improver #9 Hofburg have a chance to make the exotic tickets.

Again, #14 Mendelssohn is my top pick and 6 mentions for exotic wagers. The other 13 horses look and perform like garbage pails with legs. :D

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$52 down the drain from freeroll winnings. I'm retired from professional handicapping and traditionally speaking couldn't resist. 2 of my other picks did finish 1-2.

My horse got slammed coming out of the gate, winded, and didn't handle the wet track, finished last. I had the weather all wrong, oh well this replay I'm posting, I just watched it for the first time tonight. Not live, but did see the result charts earlier on, I'm, more into the CC games, I'll stick with that. :)

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$52 down the drain from freeroll winnings. I'm retired from professional handicapping and traditionally speaking couldn't resist. 2 of my other picks did finish 1-2.

My horse got slammed coming out of the gate, winded, and didn't handle the wet track, finished last. I had the weather all wrong, oh well this replay I'm posting, I just watched it for the first time tonight. Not live, but did see the result charts earlier on, I'm, more into the CC games, I'll stick with that. :)

2018 ky derby - YouTube

Correction, it gets worst, lol 2 of my other picks did finish 1st and 3rd. :D

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I was waiting for a Kentucky Derby thread from you....then I missed it. I missed the thread and the Derby.

Did you bet freeroll winnings on the sites from which they came?

Last edited:
Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was waiting for a Kentucky Derby thread from you....then I missed it. I missed the thread and the Derby.

Did you bet freeroll winnings on the sites from which they came?

Sportsbetting and intertops. Sportsbetting you can bet almost anything available, and the type of racebook bets offered are parallel to what the tracks offer. Intertops mildly ridiculous, just the KD, lol.

This goes back to my childhood so I set aside my burnt out disdain for racing, I quit professionally about 6 months ago, I also play in the occasional free DRF handicapping tournies, Public Handicapper. Big difference from a 14 hour a day schedule / 7 days a week, to 2 hours a week, lol.

I would usually take one week to handicap this 2 minute race. Have weather scenarios and never bet in advance. I would either win or lose, meaning I'd throw about $3k in bets and not even cash a ticket or cash most. Always a key horse. Best pick in recent years Animal Kingdom, I think around 20-1, hit the win, exacta.

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tomorrow in the free DRF contest, I like the 9 and 3 in the 9th race at Belmont Park. The 9 morning line is 15-1, I put a *, next to it, unlike the other 10 races in the contest.

A couple weeks ago I had 2 horses I starred both went off around 10-1, both won. This is just recreational now. I threw $10 on each. Mind you for a living I would watch 3000 plus replays / live races a month, track hundreds of horses in both standardbred and thoroughbred, high roi jocks, trainers, and trainers for harness, owner connections too. I love canada racing, Woodbine S&T, Mohawk T, my best roi by far, much cleaner than US racing. All my tax tickets (w2g's) I filed just recently were Hi5's, supers, and tris from there.

grilldoggy

grilldoggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Justify dominated on the muddy track, I guess a comeback by any other horse wasn't in the cards with the footing. Flameaway had won twice under these conditions and he started strong, but flamed out. I tried for the 1/2 Exacta (Justify/Flameaway) but no luck. Always enjoy the Derby though.

P

Pablo22

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I only bet the horses once a year for the Kentucky derby. I bet two trifectas. I almost hit my second. I had 7-5-15. Was an exciting race to watch.

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here lies the greatest quandary of handicapping and ultimately betting a good, muddy, sloppy, sealed / fast track for any race, much less the derby which consists of course 3 year olds many who remain untested on the wet their entire life thus far. Additionally their bloodlines aren't always a significant factor and then you can look at their workouts and see if they put one in on an "off" track, they may or may not have any and they are too short of distance to tell typically if they can handle.

The greatest 3 year old ever, and I mean ever to love the slop, more wet more go in this beast, Exaggerator. On the day of the KD 2016 there was a 45 minute rain delay before the big race. The track came up good and this beast rain second. On a fast track this horse would have a hard time beating 3 yo claimers. Now rewind to the Santa Anita Derby a race consisting of many in which points / money accumulated will decide if you will be a derby entry.

Exaggerator sits so far last he is off screen even when they draw the camera back. He destroyed the horses, obliterated this field, and he did it in a fashion of toying with them. Here is the remarkable video......

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tomorrow in the free DRF contest, I like the 9 and 3 in the 9th race at Belmont Park. The 9 morning line is 15-1, I put a *, next to it, unlike the other 10 races in the contest.

A couple weeks ago I had 2 horses I starred both went off around 10-1, both won. This is just recreational now. I threw $10 on each. Mind you for a living I would watch 3000 plus replays / live races a month, track hundreds of horses in both standardbred and thoroughbred, high roi jocks, trainers, and trainers for harness, owner connections too. I love Canada racing, Woodbine S&T, Mohawk T, my best roi by far, much cleaner than US racing. All my tax tickets (w2g's) I filed just recently were Hi5's, supers, and tris from there.

Well at least that was a winner and made up for the KD, $20 bet on 3 and 9, 9 up the track the 3 paid $9.40 to win, $54 profit - $52 lost yesterday = +$2. I'm done with racing other than some free contests lol. It's like doing art for a living and money or for fun, now I prefer fun. ;)

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last time I bet on donkey races my picks looked something like this pockets were 100 euro lighter and I felt like a dumbasss never have look in the nags.

2Q==
Z
images

Infinity Objective

Infinity Objective

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last time I bet on donkey races my picks looked something like this pockets were 100 euro lighter and I felt like a dumbasss never have look in the nags.

2Q==
Z
On behalf of the world of racing, good job knowing when to quit, thank you for your contribution. ;)