107TH GREY CUP Today!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Football fever is everywhere in Canada today, but in particular at McMahon Stadium in Calgary where the Hamilton Tiger-Cats and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers are getting ready to play the Grey Cup to end all Grey Cups. Less than an hour to go:​

e7107c15b9af959f4f93ca35cbd03842.png

grey-cup.jpg

Last edited:
mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I can't wait. I was going to ask you why you didn't include that really cool title logo thing that TSN is using. But I couldn't find it myself, so I'm imagining that great silhouette cutout.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am going to cheer for Winnipeg so that fellow can start wearing pants again--but I think he will be wearing shorts again tomorrow because I think Hamilton is the better team.

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Blog-Say-Yes-to-Splits.png

Winnipeg: 33 - Hamilton: 12.

mtl mile end

mtl mile end

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Congratulations Winnipeg! The end of 28 years of frustration.

I think Chris Cuthbert was getting a little choked up during the post game.

Really glad that guy can wear pants again.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Why do they call it the Grey Cup, is the cup made of Lead???

What kind of rugby is it, Union or League.

:dontknow:

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Congrats Winnipeg.
Never mind about what kind, I found out what kind....lol.

Anrdrew Harris led the Blue Bombers' offense on Sunday with two total touchdowns and 169 total yards. Zach Collaros — the former Hamilton QB who was pushed to consider retirement because of concussions — threw for 170 yards on 17-for-23 passing. The Bombers' success in the air represented a significant turnaround from the regular season, given that they ranked last in that category.

I say Rugby as that is what it looks like it says on the cup, sounds like American football to me,

What do these guys think about that game being called Rugby, Check the vid at the bottom, no pussies with helmets. :p

https://www.rugbyworldcup.com/teams/canada

I suppose helmets may not be such a bad idea.

;)

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Winnipeg really deserve it. Huge congrats. :rolleyes::):p

T

tmsr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This was a fun game, I was rooting for the Bombers since I live in NW Ontario. I didn't expect them to win, but after the first interception it was obvious the defense had come to PLAY. Well done Winnipeg!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Last edited:
N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im a bad Cdn. Didnt watch, didnt care. When I was a kid it was a big deal, id go across the street to a neighbours and watch as my brothers werent interested.

Frank and George are my great uncles. I probably never met them, if i did it would be before I was 1 yr old. Too bad, i woulda loved a little chunk of their billions. Can you pronounce my screen name properly now?

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im a bad Cdn. Didnt watch, didnt care. When I was a kid it was a big deal, id go across the street to a neighbours and watch as my brothers werent interested.

Frank and George are my great uncles. I probably never met them, if i did it would be before I was 1 yr old. Too bad, i woulda loved a little chunk of their billions. Can you pronounce my screen name properly now?
I'm not a rabid sports fan like some, but I do like football, even the odd American game. It helped that this was THE CANADIAN GAME OF THE YEAR and that my team was in it and that my team won.

I'm not seeing the significance of your screen name but I too would accept a few millions if I had some rich relatives, which I don't.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well done Winnipeg well deserved victory!

N

Nomahoners

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not a rabid sports fan like some, but I do like football, even the odd American game. It helped that this was THE CANADIAN GAME OF THE YEAR and that my team was in it and that my team won.

I'm not seeing the significance of your screen name but I too would accept a few millions if I had some rich relatives, which I don't.

Who won? Haha. Kidding.

The game was played at McMahon Stadium. Im not an obnoxious teen anymore but from time to time I live up to the nickname still.

mondo3

mondo3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bombers!!! Bombers!!! Finally winning after 29 years!