RhinoRyan89

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Hi all

Just a heads up about a interesting video posted on YT by Charlie Carrel this evening about Bots that are still operating on ACR

And how player's have found a way to exploit these Bots check out the video for more info I'll leave a link.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
That's quite serious. Maybe not so much in micro stakes, maybe not so much in Stud games that run in there, but for a room that hosts a $2,650 tournament that is the Venom, this is quite serious.

I don't know how much time high stakes games will last in ACR. Maybe it still runs because people in US want a place to play, and they don't necessarily want to go for the exclusively crypto rooms, or maybe they want to avoid official rooms that have permission to run on some states, like wsop.com and pokerstars. But some time people get tired of bots accusations. Maybe when these bots get better to literally crush the games and steal everyone's money. They still have flaws, but bots evolve fast.

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I'm just wondering how long ACR wants to be ridiculed.

No other pokerroom has such a big problem with bots. Get some decent programmers freakin boomers who manage this mediocre pokerroom

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

No other pokerroom has such a big problem with bots. Get some decent programmers freakin boomers who manage this mediocre pokerroom
I found the part funny

that ACR/WPN offered 100k and a job for anyone that could make a bot that played 5000 hands undetected and bring the evidence to them for the prize.

Once someone approach them with the proof they revoked the job offer and the 100k

And it was Chris Moneymaker who made that offer on Air on an ACR stream

Its here in the linked video from Doug at time stamp 18.34

So yeah it's all pretty laughable @G0930

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I found the part funny

that ACR/WPN offered 100k and a job for anyone that could make a bot that played 5000 hands undetected and bring the evidence to them for the prize.

Once someone approach them with the proof they revoked the job offer and the 100k

And it was Chris Moneymaker who made that offer on Air on an ACR stream

Its here in the linked video from Doug at time stamp 18.34

So yeah it's all pretty laughable @G0930
Wow that is truly laughable and pathetic.
Never liked Moneymaker but this... How can he look himself in the mirror

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't have an account on this site yet, but I plan to create one. I've heard mostly positive reviews about this site. What is especially attractive to me is the possibility of using cryptocurrencies for depositing and withdrawing funds.

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

As far as we know.

This is an information that is not always shared very wide to the public.

It is not very good for the reputation of any pokerroom that there are bots operating on their site.

It is like any security breach in a bank or an insurance (theft of customer data), they are kept mostly under the carpet, before the whole bank or enterprise breaks down.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Betting against Trump
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Never liked Moneymaker but this... How can he look himself in the m
Never liked Moneymaker but this... How can he look himself in the mirror

The contest was immediately discontinued because they realized how ludicrous it was to promote MORE bots to attack the site then there already was. ACR quickly understood what a terrible idea this contest was and then promptly stopped it. That Moneymaker couldn't see this prior to opening his mouth is surprising. What isn't surprising is knowing that Moneymaker doesn't manage a poker site.

Curious, so you know who the management is at WPN/A.C.R.? I'm aware that Nagy is the majority owner but I have no clue who his dept. heads are? But you know the exact demographic? And it just so happens to be an age that you seem to consider has some sort of negative connotation to it. Weird. It's like you can predict this stuff or something. No wonder you're so good at the pokerzz.. or stupid 'old' me, you're probably actually good at EVERYTHING (or at least those things that require levels of intelligence much higher than a mere mortal).