Losing Poker Tickets

Z

Zipptydoodah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
On party poker through a feeder system I worked my way up from winning a $0.55 ticket to a $3.30 to a $16.50 to a $165 to finally winning a $530 ticket on a Sunday that had an expiry date of 3 days (Wednesday). Games then played on the Sunday I won the ticket and on the Monday. The site then offered no games on the Tuesday or Wednesday so I lost the ticket with zero compensation. I was told I had a chance to Play the game on Sunday or Monday. When I asked why have a useless expiry date and they said that can happen!!!!!!!!!!!! In summary I had over a dozen email conversations and one online chat but zero resolution. An online friend had the same thing happen but only with lower value tickets and was given immediate Compensation. What Gives?

MK_

MK_

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
US
Chips
I think games ran on Sunday and Monday and you didn't play..... a dozen emails sounds pretty resolved but yeah it sucks lol

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On Party Poker through a feeder system I worked my way up from winning a $0.55 ticket to a $3.30 to a $16.50 to a $165 to finally winning a $530 ticket on a Sunday that had an expiry date of 3 days (Wednesday). Games then played on the Sunday I won the ticket and on the Monday. The site then offered no games on the Tuesday or Wednesday so I lost the ticket with zero compensation. I was told I had a chance to Play the game on Sunday or Monday. When I asked why have a useless expiry date and they said that can happen!!!!!!!!!!!! In summary I had over a dozen email conversations and one online chat but zero resolution. An online friend had the same thing happen but only with lower value tickets and was given immediate Compensation. What Gives?
This wont help you this time but might in future.
When I have had a ticket about to expire, I register with it for a tourney in the future past the expiry date if one is available in the lobby, I then just have to remember to turn up and play.

Z

Zipptydoodah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
This wont help you this time but might in future.
When I have had a ticket about to expire, I register with it for a tourney in the future past the expiry date if one is available in the lobby, I then just have to remember to turn up and play.
Agreed. I always do that. In this example I had already played several hours on the day I won the ticket and was unable to play on the Monday. I had zero opportunity to register for any game on the Tuesday, Wednesday or any other games into the future. On the Tuesday I was became aware the Millions promotion ended on the Monday with zero agility to play after that. * I also have another $3.30 ticket that expires in 1 1/2 weeks again with zero games that will come up as the millions series has been completed. The response from Party Poker yesterday was to keep watching. I finally told Party that I can no longer play feeder games if they are unethical to award tickets that can in cases have zero ability to play long before the expiry date.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When you entered into this "feeder system", it was presumably stated, what you could win, and what this ticket could be used for? But you just forgot to read about it before playing? There are also many satellites, which reward entry to a particular target tournament, and if you can not play that one, you can not have money refunded. It sucks, but I dont really think, its PartyPokers fault, you were unable to play on sunday or monday, when your ticket could be used.

C

Cooking

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think tickets could at least be valid for 30 days, but I know that many rooms automatically register you to the tournament when you win a satellite. I know it’s very frustrating because was a big value ticket, but like others said, when I see that the expiry date is close I register myself on the tournament (even if it’s on the next week) just to not lose it.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
partypoker and Bwin they share same poker lobby . On Bwin things are very weird with the tickets , I don't know if on party it is the same or not . On Bwin many tickets expire in one week , that's bad . Most tickets expire in a month
That's better but still I think it would've better if tickets were to expire after a year , 6 months minimum . Why not exchange ticket for party dollars , ok hard to happen . On many tourneys you are pre registered on the next sat or phase and you are obliged to play it . That's annoying many times .