Patrik Antonius is the 63rd member to the Poker Hall of Fame

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The Poker Hall of Fame announced their latest inductee recently at the $1,976 Poker Hall of Fame Bounty No-Limit Hold’em event at the wsop on Sunday. Congratulations go to Patrik Antonius as the 63rd member of the Poker Hall of Fame!

Patrik is 43 years old, grew up in finland and was considered a talented tennis player. He began playing poker as a teen with friends and won the first tournament he entered back in 2003 which led him to enter more tournaments. He was doing well but began taking his new passion and working more online to build his bankroll so he might play bigger buy-in events. In 2005, he became the EPT Baden champ for $343,365. According to the Hendon Mob, Patrik has almost $23 Million in total live earnings.

“In the modern era of poker, few have been as bold and fearless as Patrik Antonius,” Executive Director of the WSOP Ty Stewart said during the announcement. “A force both online and live, we’re thrilled to see Patrik’s high-stakes career acknowledged by legends who have added the first international player to the Poker Hall of Fame in years.”

antonius-hof.jpeg

Patrik Antonius is the Newest Member of the Poker Hall of Fame

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
About time . Great player 👍🏼

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Used to watch him on TV before I started playing poker. One of the reasons I started playing.

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
About time . Great player 👍🏼
You are right!
Hell of a player, very little charisma.
He is indeed a very good player and in my opinion, fun to watch in action (maybe the TV commentary helps a bit, too). As far as his charisma, he is very low key and is not a big talker but for me, is a very nice change from some of the noise others will make.

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Even though he is my fellow Finn I haven't paid much attention to him. But good for him for making it in the history books.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Well deserved.

He plays everyone at the highest stakes in every format of poker.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Well deserved! He is a legend of the game and still one best!

Gritz18

Gritz18

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
“A force both online and live, we’re thrilled to see Patrik’s high-stakes career acknowledged by legends who have added the first international player to the Poker Hall of Fame in years.”
Well deserved, I've watched many events in which he participated, and I think he's a great player, always discreet, without much talk at the table, a difficult player to read.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great choice but the WSOP should definitely put a separate side of their HOF to show appreciation for executives/floor people that make the games possible, announcers that spread the game and people who make lasting contributions in the poker community.

I mean the fans LOVE Norm and Lon and some really enjoyed watching Mike and Vince host while others enjoyed listening to Ali. Those folks helped poker grow tremendously. Probably more than a lot of the folks in the poker HOF.

There are great players that are legends still not in like Ted forrest, Kathy Liebert, David Chiu, Allen Cunningham and John Cernuto,
John had some very good tourns this year in the WSOP and is still on top of his omaha8 and limit games, Kathy and Allen are still grinding, Ted has 6 bracelets and I used to love watching this guy play stud and razz during the boom.

Then there are the later players like Monette and Deeb and a ton of other people the WSOP should be putting in there.

Can't wait to see who gets in next year.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Congratulations to him he really deserves it . I think he was the best among all others candidates, the best one to be inducted in the poker hall of fame . Again congratulations. It was about time .

hutzpaf

hutzpaf

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well deserved.

He plays everyone at the highest stakes in every format of poker.
Indeed, a fearless player for two decades online and especially in cash games. There aren't many like him anymore..

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great inductee. Patrick is one of my favorite players and has been for the longest time. Obv has been great and capa of surviving Father Time. The game has evolved and Antonius has maintained his elite status.

H

Haawglivin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh wow good for him.. who were the first inductees and What year. I’d imagine Doyle Brunson was one of the first but that’s a guess :)

H

Haawglivin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are right!

He is indeed a very good player and in my opinion, fun to watch in action (maybe the TV commentary helps a bit, too). As far as his charisma, he is very low key and is not a big talker but for me, is a very nice change from some of the noise others will make.
Haha I agree, Sometimes I wonder if some of antics we see is only because the players want more airtime. Not everyone can be loud at the table so his humble approach and demeanour is appreciated.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I watched one or two participations, despite being quiet, discreet, I liked what I watched

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Antonius is a great live poker player but he is a legend online, especially playing Pot Limit Omaha(obviously at the highest levels.).Those hands against Isildur 1 at full tilt poker were epic!Cngratulations to Patrk.

M

Margo17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Very deserved, he has my respect, an exceptional player!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
There is no doubt that Patrik Antonius deserves to be inducted into the Poker Hall of Fame. The 43-year-old poker player has a brilliant poker resume, including millions in high roller winnings and a long history of playing in the world's biggest cash games. By all accounts, the Finnish pro was a sure bet for nomination.