Patrick ‘Egption’ Tardif joins WPT Global

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Popular Twitch streamer Patrick Tardif, has taken on a new job as WPT Global's newest Ambassador. Patrick is noted for having a high-energy Twitch stream for poker while entertaining his 54,000 subscribers. WPT Global is very happy to sign him on and hopes his energy will encourage others to join him at WPT Global.

WPT Global Adds Streamer Extraordinaire Patrick ‘Egption’ Tardif to Its Roster

egption_1-1-1200x753.jpg

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Betting against Trump
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
This is great but honestly I think that WPT should invest their money in some decent software techs and get their site running MUCH better & smoother than it currently is. For those of you who haven't played on this site before, it can make it near impossible to be able to play on any other sites at the same time if you've got WPT running on your computer.
ie. on a computer with an i5 CPU, a 1060 6GB GPU, a Samsung SSD 1TB, 16GB Ram, running just two tables on WPT can eat up 45% of my CPU power (or more!)... that's as much as 4 other sites combined, while running 4 to 6 tables on each of them.
I've also been using a computer with i7 cpu, 32GB Ram, 1TB SSD and although it's a bit better (the site is CPU intensive!) it is still not powerful enough for that site.

This is common for all players on there who are playing on Desktop (computer) not the Android (phone/tablet) version. I've heard it's completely unplayable from an i3 CPU. Have also heard it is really hard even on brand new, powerful 2023, 2024 laptop computers.

Personally I think they're making a mistake by not improving the product first. Many will check it out now and not stick around because well... basically IT SUCKS! It's too bad because there's some excellent potential there and they've been doing many things right (ie. great promos!).

I upgraded my computer in hopes of playing on WPT but it wasn't good enough. So I'm upgrading it now again to a 14th gen i7 with 64GB Ram (although it's the CPU that matters most on there). Will it be enough? I guess I will find out but I need the site to run good for everyone else too or I'll only be playing vs. players on their phones. :(

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i dont think i can sign anyway but after reading that i wont bother to try !

Flyer35

Flyer35

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i dont think i can sign anyway but after reading that i wont bother to try !
I tried. Couldn't get it to run at all on my computer. After a few days of back and forth with WPT Global support I gave up trying.