Kristen Foxen took a big run at the 2024 WSOP Main Event

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If any of you have been following the wsop Main Event this year, you will more than likely know that poker pro Kristen Foxen almost broke the 29-year streak for a woman to make the final table of this gruelling event. As the final table drew nearer, this was big news and was hitting the headlines as each day passed. With 18 players left it was looking pretty good for Kristen as she entered Day 8 in fifth place. Sadly, the four-time Global Poker Index Female Player of the Year did not realize her dream of winning the bracelet or the $10 Million for the tournament.

d283e2231ea2510385d6199290bd945e.png

The hand that took Kristen out in 13th place (and added $600,000.00 to her poker winnings) is posted below:

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
She did it great, it was a big run. Unfortunaltelly she had a bad luck on that final hand.
She played very well and she was too close of Final Table. Anyway she won a great prize there! 👍
Congratulation Kristen! 👏👏👏

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
That final hand was so unfortunate, especially after she hit that miracle Ace on the river with almost no chips left and managed to run it back up to a massive stack.

13th place in the Main Event is a monumental accomplishment - congratulations to Kristen!

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Bad exit hand imo , bad decision . I wonder how she read the hand , why she did that . Bad way to lose . So close and ... Anyway congrats to her for that deep run .

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder why people are talking about bad luck in that last hand. Luck had nothing to do with it imo.

Maybe bad luck she ran into a hand when trying to make a move yes.

One can see from her reaction, when UTG calls and tables his cards, she realizes that she made a huge huge mistake there. Even her husband in the rail could not believe it.

Its Poker and noone is immune to mistakes, even the best players in the world are not. This is a prime example.

Anyway, congrats to her. Great run.

Last edited:
thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
on facebook a lot of people said she punted this one....I wrote if you've never punted a tournament you've never really played to win a tournament basically....I also as above wonder the read she had she did seemed surprised etc...no one can step in her shoes you have to go with instincts and hers were wrong here but amazing job to her

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Great result! This tournament is a marathon.

Also remember that she reached Supernova Elite status on pokerstars three years in a row playing at the $1/2 and $2/4 cash game tables, playing as many as 24 tables at a time in 10 hour sessions.

Her focus is impressive! I think she's on the same level as Randy Lew in the online game.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
At least she didn't have a team looking up ranges on a laptop and coaching her.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Betting against Trump
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Great result! This tournament is a marathon.

Also remember that she reached Supernova Elite status on PokerStars three years in a row playing at the $1/2 and $2/4 cash game tables, playing as many as 24 tables at a time in 10 hour sessions.

Her focus is impressive! I think she's on the same level as Randy Lew in the online game.

Yup! And loads of MTT's played online as well (seems they pretty much all do these days).

She's an awesome player!

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It would have been amazing to see her in the final table. Maybe next year 💪

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really wanted to see a ten on the river.Sadly, she couldn´t win that hand.There is no doubt Kristen is still the best female poker player of the world.Congratulations to this lady.

WSOP