Dallas Poker Rooms Served with Occupancy Licence Revoke

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting article here and i am keen to know your thoughts as Bob Pajich from Cardschat news updates us all with developments underway in Dallas, Texas where several poker room operators have been served with a notice of licence revocation.

Despite operators following all the right processes prior to setting up this premises - the state penal code has this determined as illegal under law - check out the article link below as i am sure appeals will be made prior to any potential lawsuit.

https://www.cardschat.com/news/dallas-poker-rooms-revoked-occupancy-permits-107643/

More to come on this one i feel.

Regards

Glenn

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This does make for an interesting read.

First. the two operators filed for all the permits needed through the City of Dallas (it is Dallas specific) with total transparency and have been in operation for the last couple of years.

However a Dallas Councilwoman Mendelson is personally leading the charge (an election issue for her) with some likeminded to close the rooms down as this is technically a grey area, as detailed in the Polk, Neeme and Owen investment in The Lodge.

As the article states, the various parties look like they will sue each other to bring the matter to a head where ultimately the courts will have to decide whether or not to legalize these card rooms.

I can't imagine Polk. Neeme and Owen are happy with this (ley alone all the players and investors elsewhere), but they knew the risk when they invested. Nothing to say the Austin authorities will follow suit but...all this needs is to become is a statewide political issue and everything could be in jeopardy.

U

unadonk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There will be fireworks in Austin over this