BLMonteiro

BLMonteiro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Friends, I am quite discouraged from continuing to play online poker, I feel that poker Apps only steal your money. I've already lost my taste and desire. What advice do you give me? Have you already felt frustrated like this?

CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
Friends, I am quite discouraged from continuing to play online poker, I feel that poker apps only steal your money. I've already lost my taste and desire. What advice do you give me? Have you already felt frustrated like this?
I understand your sentiments, having been in a similar situation myself. However, my perspective has evolved since then. Since reigniting my interest in poker last July through my membership in CardsChat (after a decade-long hiatus from the poker scene), I made a commitment to refrain from depositing any money into my pokerstars account. As reflected in my signature, my current advocacy is a bankroll goal of $100, currently $0.01 short to achieve that.

I empathize with your frustration regarding poker apps seemingly stealing your funds. I strongly recommend building your bankroll with freerolls, providing a risk-free route where losses translate to nothing more than a learning experience. Regarding your wavering passion for poker, I can relate, especially in the aftermath of tough losses. Taking a complete break, diverting your focus to other activities for a day or a week, might help you regain composure and rediscover your enthusiasm for the game.

I've experienced the same frustrations you're facing, and many members of the CardsChat community share these sentiments repeatedly. Poker mirrors life, with its highs and lows. We must persist, ensuring we don't lose sight of our dreams to reach the grand stage, where we can pursue our aspirations of clinching the top prize in significant tournaments and attaining financial freedom. It's admittedly easier said than done, but remember, we're in this together. This community stands united to provide support. Your decision to be part of this community is a significant step, and the immense support you'll find here is invaluable.

Take the time you need, enjoy life's other aspects, and return to poker when you've restored your composure after a challenging game.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
This feeling is experienced by everyone who has ever played poker online.
You should not play spasmodically and be patient. It's cliché, but it's the truth.
More importantly, if you feel that your money is being stolen, do not transfer money. Play freerolls and build a bankroll. That way, you won't regret it even if you lose the prize, because you didn't lose your own money.

markdias

markdias

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
That's what the friend above said, build a bankroll with freeroll tournaments every day, and take as a starting point this bankroll built from scratch with just your own effort...

dajallina

dajallina

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
Online poker is a damn roulette. Anyone who claims otherwise is either playing at high stakes where the level is different or relatively briefly deals with it. If you understand this, you will stop being irritated and find fun in it or just give up 😉

BLMonteiro

BLMonteiro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Entiendo tus sentimientos, ya que yo mismo he estado en una situación similar. Sin embargo, mi perspectiva ha evolucionado desde entonces. Desde que reavivé mi interés por el póquer en julio pasado a través de mi membresía en CardsChat (después de una pausa de una década en la escena del póquer) , me comprometí a abstenerme de depositar dinero en mi cuenta de PokerStars. Como se refleja en mi firma, mi defensa actual es una meta de fondos de $100, actualmente faltan $0,01 para lograrlo.

Entiendo su frustración con respecto a las aplicaciones de póquer que aparentemente roban sus fondos. Recomiendo encarecidamente aumentar su bankroll con freerolls, proporcionando una ruta libre de riesgos donde las pérdidas se traducen en nada más que una experiencia de aprendizaje. En cuanto a tu vacilante pasión por el poker, puedo identificarme, especialmente después de duras derrotas. Tomarse un descanso completo y desviar tu atención hacia otras actividades durante un día o una semana puede ayudarte a recuperar la compostura y redescubrir el entusiasmo por el juego.

He experimentado las mismas frustraciones que usted enfrenta y muchos miembros de la comunidad CardsChat comparten estos sentimientos repetidamente. El póquer refleja la vida, con sus altibajos. Debemos persistir, asegurándonos de no perder de vista nuestros sueños de alcanzar el gran escenario, donde podamos perseguir nuestras aspiraciones de conseguir el primer premio en torneos importantes y alcanzar la libertad financiera. Es cierto que es más fácil decirlo que hacerlo, pero recuerde, estamos juntos en esto. Esta comunidad está unida para brindar apoyo. Tu decisión de ser parte de esta comunidad es un paso importante y el inmenso apoyo que encontrarás aquí es invaluable.

Tómate el tiempo que necesites, disfruta de otros aspectos de la vida y vuelve al póquer cuando hayas recuperado la compostura después de una partida desafiante.

View attachment 343780
thank tou Very much!!! I will try it one More time

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have felt this way before, and actually gave up online poker for years. But I did miss it, and now I play for fun. If I can cash out every once in a while, all the better!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Friends, I am quite discouraged from continuing to play online poker, I feel that poker apps only steal your money. I've already lost my taste and desire. What advice do you give me? Have you already felt frustrated like this?
I have never experienced such disappointment. But if you believe that your money is being stolen, then you should at least take a break. Don't blame others for your results. You alone are responsible for your game, your bankroll and your results. Take a break, think about your game, your goals, and your bankroll management.

10gerka

10gerka

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The loss of morale occurs in most of the players when they lose money playing poker, but what should interest you is how to improve your game every day to be better, the short and medium term results do not matter, if you work well in the long term you will notice the results.

CNXRegie

CNXRegie

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
The loss of morale occurs in most of the players when they lose money playing poker, but what should interest you is how to improve your game every day to be better, the short and medium term results do not matter, if you work well in the long term you will notice the results.
Good point and it's true. Keep learning, we'll get there eventually.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I understand your sentiments, having been in a similar situation myself. However, my perspective has evolved since then. Since reigniting my interest in poker last July through my membership in CardsChat (after a decade-long hiatus from the poker scene), I made a commitment to refrain from depositing any money into my PokerStars account. As reflected in my signature, my current advocacy is a bankroll goal of $100, currently $0.01 short to achieve that.

I empathize with your frustration regarding poker apps seemingly stealing your funds. I strongly recommend building your bankroll with freerolls, providing a risk-free route where losses translate to nothing more than a learning experience. Regarding your wavering passion for poker, I can relate, especially in the aftermath of tough losses. Taking a complete break, diverting your focus to other activities for a day or a week, might help you regain composure and rediscover your enthusiasm for the game.

I've experienced the same frustrations you're facing, and many members of the CardsChat community share these sentiments repeatedly. Poker mirrors life, with its highs and lows. We must persist, ensuring we don't lose sight of our dreams to reach the grand stage, where we can pursue our aspirations of clinching the top prize in significant tournaments and attaining financial freedom. It's admittedly easier said than done, but remember, we're in this together. This community stands united to provide support. Your decision to be part of this community is a significant step, and the immense support you'll find here is invaluable.

Take the time you need, enjoy life's other aspects, and return to poker when you've restored your composure after a challenging game.

View attachment 343780
This is a nice, caring response but honestly it doesn't get to the root of the problem.
OP's frustrations sounds like a level of TILT. Where does this come from? Believing we deserve more? Believing we are being taken advantage of (ripped off?), etc. etc. (there's many more underlying reasons)

Work on this ^ and you will improve.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

I realize this is an older thread that I am reviving but I am doing it in an effort to help you out.
I don't recall seeing you play before... today I was on your table for a bit & all I can say is "you are fortunate because you have LOTS of room to improve"
If you were to spend just a bit of time dedicated to learning how to improve your game, it'll pay off in many ways (1.) you'll win money 2.) the game will be more enjoyable 3.) you'll learn that there's EVEN A LOT more to learn (the more I learn about this game, the more I understand how very little I actually know)
Cardschat has a 30-day course. I'm sure if you spent the time to do it, you'd improve tenfold.

And just for starters,
Learn how to fold preflop. Your VPIP is close to 60%.
STOP LIMPING (it is -ev)

Playing better (even if you're not winning) will definitely improve your spirits while playing.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes we don't understand what happens with the cards or the programs of the online games, it may even make you want to give up, but those passionate about poker, don't give up, good luck and success, stay
Could give some hints, but what's good for me, can be hated by you

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
Why this thread is in Community Hangout? (I have such great ideas...) 😆

Flyer35

Flyer35

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Some have suggested above to stick to freerolls and don't deposit real cash. Just play for fun. I would go one step further and suggest playing for play money, as we do at Replay Poker.

Cardschat really hit on a winner when they selected this online card room. No muss, no fuss, no stress - play poker with a certain level of competition, maybe win some money, but never lose any. You can work to improve your game at your own pace without fear of losing the rent money in the process.

German629

German629

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do lifting my spirit in Poker?!. Hm, if to say simply and shortly, personally for Me, the very process of the Game in Poker is real lifting my spirit!
That's it!

R

rufininha14

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Everyone who plays I believe has already been through this, but keep dedicating yourself to freerolls to form a bankroll

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I'm suffering poker boredom, winning but no longer enjoying the process.
I agree with the rest. Study and improve how you play. there is many videos on the internet that will help you.
Whatever else you do until your game is good, don't play for money.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Are poker apps stealing money? Totally disagree. No one gives you a guarantee that you will make money playing poker. But poker rooms give you the opportunity to become rich. You just didn't take advantage of that opportunity and blame poker rooms for all your troubles. :unsure:

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Building bankroll with freerolls is the way to go, that way you don't lose money and learn and practice poker, win win situation. My first paid tournament ever won was with freeroll cents at ACR.

aorodrigo

aorodrigo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I understand your sentiments, having been in a similar situation myself. However, my perspective has evolved since then. Since reigniting my interest in poker last July through my membership in CardsChat (after a decade-long hiatus from the poker scene), I made a commitment to refrain from depositing any money into my PokerStars account. As reflected in my signature, my current advocacy is a bankroll goal of $100, currently $0.01 short to achieve that.

View attachment 343780
Such a great post, CNX! Nothing to add from here! Congrats

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's the feeling that all online players go through, but after a break from playing for a period of at least two months, you will definitely think differently and of course your game will be different, that is, more thoughtful and inspired.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should preserve your bankroll, just play freerolls for a while or rest a little and take a break from poker for a few days

A

Amblo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a nice, caring response but honestly it doesn't get to the root of the problem.
OP's frustrations sounds like a level of TILT. Where does this come from? Believing we deserve more? Believing we are being taken advantage of (ripped off?), etc. etc. (there's many more underlying reasons)

Work on this ^ and you will improve.
Complementing your point of view, which goes straight to the root of the problem, this feeling of injustice or thinking that you deserve more than you receive, will be present in each and every situation in your life, whatever your activity, no matter how honest as it may be. how you are, no matter how good you are at what you do.
The root of everything is always self-knowledge, knowing your limitations, constantly expanding your skills and respecting your limits.
If you find this unbearable, it is because you are not on the right path in your journey.
Love is always the bridge to all things, doing things without desire, without interest or with the wrong intention will always take you away from what you deserve.

Top 10 Games Poker Tips