Has someone asked you to play poker from another profile?

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Conversely, have you allowed someone to play poker from your profile ?

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
NO. No.

Why are you asking this question? What do you hope to get for an answer?
I know that it is not forbidden
for example, your friend has problems with the Internet, is in another city and calls you to continue playing for him
but this is only in rare cases
I know poker sites allow it

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Of course, if someone plays from 5 profiles at the same time and sit in one room, then it is a criminal
but we never know what's going on world

Last edited:
Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Never have and Never will, there really is no point, If I won on someone's Profile they would get the benefit, and If I lost then I wouldn't feel right losing money from another persons account, I did on one occasion let a Friend play a Game on my account, he called around for a Coffee and I was in the end stages of a game, down to the last three players, and told him he would have to wait for his Coffee, until I had finished.
He sat and watched as I went on to win and said "That looks Easy, Will you teach me?" So unknown to him I switched from real money to my play money and registered him for a 2K buy-in, here I told him, have a go, So I went into the kitchen to brew a Coffee and he was shouting his hands out to me and I would tell him to fold or raise etc, He didn't listen to me and inevitably lost, He was so apologetic asking me how much the buy-in was thinking he had cost me money and he nearly dropped through the floor when I casually said "Don't worry it was only 2K".
Play Money I added after a pause, "You don't think I would let you loose in my real money games did you?"
He never did take up the game, I think I frightened him with that stunt.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I genuinely doubt that.

Can you reference this part in any T&C's for me?
I cant remember, which site it was. But I have seen T&C allowing for someone else to take over your account and play tournaments, that had already begun, if you lost your internet and were unable to reconnect within a reasonable period of time.

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have been asked to play on other people's accounts... Many of my friends IRL enjoy playing poker but have never studied and are very recreational (pretty clueless)... 😄

Doesn't mean I've done it though...

Have never allowed anyone to play on my accounts, and never would.

Having someone else play for you is called ghosting and is usually against the rules.

theoxy

theoxy

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi ! No never ! Where is the point to ask play from another account ? This is stupid thing bro .

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Nobody has asked. I would not do it and never would do it.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
This is to lose other people's money, I once played, or rather finished playing out a tournament of one of my friends, he asked, he needed to run on a date with a lady.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
No, it is forbidden, if rumm understands this, then there will be a 100% lockdown.

dariana Orasma

dariana Orasma

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VE
Chips
I say that everything depends on the case, I tell you from my own experience. I live in Venezuela and in several states there are many electricity blackouts and I have friends who for that reason have asked me to finish a poker game for them. only for that reason and moments. And I have also asked a favor for a very trusted friend to finish a game of poker for me, while the electricity is restored. Just for that.

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
No one asked me. And would not do it anyways.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Yes, I participated in a tournament series every day for a month on his behalf to get money based on the points earned at the end of the month (points contest). We haven't spoken since and I don't want to in the future. It was a good lesson. Never again this is my advice.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Conversely, have you allowed someone to play poker from your profile ?
No, I've never played from someone else's account and I've never given my account to someone else to play with. I just don't understand why you would do that, because anyone who wants to play can create an account on any site, so why play under someone else's name.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
No, I've never played from someone else's account and I've never given my account to someone else to play with. I just don't understand why you would do that, because anyone who wants to play can create an account on any site, so why play under someone else's name.
but 7 years ago when I lived in England I was approached by a gang of fraudsters who used Irish Paddy Power Poker to scam money
they created fake accounts and somehow got the passwords from the accounts of real Paddy Power Poker players and stole money from them

of course, fake accounts were quickly blocked, but the fraudsters still sometimes got something

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
No, it is forbidden, if rumm understands this, then there will be a 100% lockdown.

it is not forbidden if it is explained to the poker site beforehand, for example in cases of internet or electricity failure, but of course it is forbidden if it is done secretly every day and without a valid reason

Fosterbio

Fosterbio

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
It's unlikely that anyone will admit it, but ghosting is difficult to track, so I think it occurs much more often than people say.