luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
What do you think, does it happen the same way or are there any differences?

I have noticed an interesting difference for example QQvs (A2 A3 A4A5A6A7A8A9) 20 years ago they were 80%vs20% but today they are 70%vs30%

Last edited:
Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Programmed for excitement.... which means,.... miracle rivers... AA vs KK 99 vs 10 10,....

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

I have noticed an interesting difference for example QQvs (A2 A3 A4A5A6A7A8A9) 20 years ago they were 80%vs20% but today they are 70%vs30%
I wonder how you know what it was like 20 years ago. Perhaps this comparison is not correct because 20 years ago the game could have been somewhat different.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

I can't speak for 20 years experience, but 15 years ago I was getting nuts without coolers and my A2-A9s were winning on UTG. But even then I didn't win anything serious. Now I'm seeing coolers and bad beats. I didn't win once yesterday with AKs. Although there were a lot of such hands. :mad:

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I analyzed my hands and came to that result
Buddy, your "data" analysis could be correct based on your experience... but what's the fuzz? Taking for example that the statistical probability for 2 cards to win is 80% in an event, it is possible but not probable that the probability will be the mean even in the long run in a repeated random event.

The higher the spread the higher the standard deviation in a repeated random event. A 50/50% to win can be +/-5% whilst an 80/20% could be +/-10%. Somebody else could see a 90% win rate with the same cards over the same time frame whilst you see 70%. There's no anomaly here. Interesting? What do u think?

Last edited:
ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think the difference is that nowadays more hands like A2, A3, A4, etc. are played. When before it was practically automatic fold, poker has changed a lot

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Ripley rips it in on Replay
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't speak for 20 years experience, but 15 years ago I was getting nuts without coolers and my A2-A9s were winning on UTG. But even then I didn't win anything serious. Now I'm seeing coolers and bad beats. I didn't win once yesterday with AKs. Although there were a lot of such hands. :mad:
Thanks for that. It's a bit long for my new signature unfortunately.

Please never stop to drink and write.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the difference is that nowadays more hands like A2, A3, A4, etc. are played. When before it was practically automatic fold, poker has changed a lot
It could be... if win rate was analyzed including player behavior.
If its a fold, it shouldn't be included in a statistical probability analysis. :)

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it's a huge setup hand distribution not to say when you have the nuts and guy has same hand somehow so they earn more rake lol

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Hi :)
I've only been playing poker for 7 years, so I don't know what poker was like 20 years ago, but obviously it was different, not quite like it is now. This is not surprising, although the game itself and the rules remain virtually unchanged, but technologies, software, etc. change over time. I think that artificial intelligence will be involved in the coming years and poker will again be waiting for changes.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
online poker recently turned 26 years old. The very first online poker room in history was called Planet Poker and it was launched in 1998.The first hand was dealt online on January 1, 1998 at Planet Poker. After them, other poker sites entered the market: first Paradise Poker, and then such now popular rooms as pokerstars and partypoker.Planet Poker has not survived to this day. Poker is harder to play now than it was 20 years ago.The real online poker boom happened in 2003, when Chris Moneymaker became the first person to win the world series of poker Main Event after qualifying on an online poker site. His story inspired many of today's successful poker players and made the game what it is today.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As the word 'random' is based on some hidden formula for sure they change that formula from time to time.
So yes , I think today it's different

userX

userX

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Over time, everything changes, software changes, design and functionality changes. It's obvious that poker is not the same as it was 20 years ago, and it's also obvious that in 20 years' time, poker will not be the same as it is now.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands