A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I'm also curious to hear some nice success stories among cardschat members. The truth is that it is the best place for those who love poker, a place to learn and improve.👍
It didn't happen for me.

R

Rory59

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Million different answers to this….But what I have still not learned is there are 2 parts to winning AND building a good roll, especially online - Poker technical skill AND bankroll management…..Pick a stake AND stay there, whether you make a rookie error or just plain get coolered, having all $$$$ in play you are guaranteed to fail

I run scenarios on my iphone calculator, I think 1% 1000x is like 20,000 you initial deposit …..But I always break my rule even when tripling my $20 or whatever deposit, and jump stakes….And when you DO jump, you don’t think it’s just whales (there ARE plenty)…..The players are just plain better at poker & will chew you up. But the simple math is , make 1% compounded every day for 33 months, you would turn $50 into $1M !

Other thing is most experts say you MUST play cash games , too much variance in tournaments….Not so sure anymore , I’ve vastly improved at both & I’m leaning back towards MTT’s

Good luck

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I've been playing poker 'seriously' since 2017, was a recreational player for 15+ years before that.

It really depends on the individual.

My opinion is that anyone can learn to play poker well/profitably, but obviously some people will be able to do so quicker than others.

It's essentially a combination of motivation and aptitude.

If someone is willing to put in the effort to study and work on their game, they can improve their understanding, skill and return rapidly.

There have been instances where people have had meteroic rises in poker having only learned the game a year or two earlier.

Which goes to show how trash I am... :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

Must work harder! :giggle:

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It depends on the type of player you are. In my case I only play recreationally and this allows me to level out my wins and losses, usually I only play free tournaments

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi friends! How long you play poker and how long to being winning player?
I've been playing poker for over 8 years. My first year was unprofitable for me. The second year, I didn't lose money, but I didn't win much either. In the third year, my bankroll started to grow steadily. And I have to say that this growth happened after I became a member of the CardsChat community. So, I became a profitable player in about three years.

10gerka

10gerka

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be a winning player, time does not matter, but rather dedicating yourself to studying first and always practicing, the results will always come.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi friends! How long you play poker and how long to being winning player?
Funny enough, I put 10 euros online and won my first mtt, never looked back.