GTO, training players for a habitable environment for REGs.

A

Amblo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been testing these GTO training programs and thought how deceptive and ordinary it is.
Poker is a game of incomplete information, and all subsequent actions that are based on gaining an advantage over another action are based on assumptions.

Many think that studying the GTO and understanding, or just imitating what the programs pre-stipulate will be the best move will make them a profitable player, but in fact what I realized is that the GTO is very static and predictable, and if you want to make prey easy, just do what they teach.

Could it be that poker is no longer such a dominable territory due to the players' lack of standards, or the high number of novice players who play without the slightest criteria?
freerolls have been decreasing, and perhaps the number of disobedient and unjudicious players has reached such a high level that it compromises the fair eco-system of poker for those who play what is in the booklet.

So imagine what it would be like if all players simply decided to play any hand, from any position, I don't mean all hands, but to play without any standard of range and position.
What would the readings be like? What would become of the sport of the mind?
The easiest thing there is to play with players who are judicious, and playing without any standards turns the sport into bingo.

najjah166

najjah166

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's true when you play well against an idiot who makes you go with 62o and you follow AA he hits a 6 and a 2

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I think you should use exploitive play when you can and GTO when you cant.
Correct.

If you can't find players who are unbalanced in a way that you can exploit the game is pretty much dead - in terms of earning money at least.

Knowing GTO is more of a defense against good players. Playing "optimally" so you can’t be exploited yourself.

A

Amblo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But do you understand TeUnit? It's a question of observation and adaptation to the opponent's style, each person is a universe and if we try to standardize people's actions, we will certainly be losing something.

A

Amblo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Another point that I noticed has changed in the standards of the general population in micro, which may be due to this wave of GTO and easier access is: Low sized bluffs have passed much more than they did before, and high bet sizes for bluff have been paid more frequently.

I think that whether this happened after this GTO wave, players realize more easily that low sizes are made with the intention of keeping the player in the hand, due to the high value he has.

Pay attention to this and draw your conclusions, I really like this part of balancing range and size bet, and I have noticed that it is not worth it anymore to just make sizes above 60% per bluff, and that bluffs can be much more economical, I had to adapt some things in the balance of my game.

Well that's what poker does! It's as if it were a living, uncontrollable organism!

M

Margo17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It's always good for you to understand a little bit of gto, however, simplifications based on the field's weaknesses will have a greater return! Exploit studies are done to increase profitability based on this.

M

Macaroon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Some years ago Chris Fergusin was reported to have reviwed his playing system, which was based uopn his opponents playing perfect or near-perfect poker, because they weren't!

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Ripley rips it in on Replay
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Some years ago Chris Fergusin was reported to have reviwed his playing system, which was based uopn his opponents playing perfect or near-perfect poker, because they weren't!
What?

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been testing these GTO training programs and thought how deceptive and ordinary it is.
Poker is a game of incomplete information, and all subsequent actions that are based on gaining an advantage over another action are based on assumptions.

Many think that studying the GTO and understanding, or just imitating what the programs pre-stipulate will be the best move will make them a profitable player, but in fact what I realized is that the GTO is very static and predictable, and if you want to make prey easy, just do what they teach.
It's a question of observation and adaptation to the opponent's style, each person is a universe and if we try to standardize people's actions, we will certainly be losing something.
Well that's what poker does! It's as if it were a living, uncontrollable organism!
If you have just discovered above then "eureka!" you're on your way to understanding the game.

What would become of the sport of the mind?
Its a game for the lucky that understands the organism.

"If luck weren't a factor, i would win everytime" - phil hellmuth

playing without any standards turns the sport into bingo.
You would probably discover soon that there are no standards in poker regardless if player is recreational or pro. It is not standard that AA always win or that 72o will never go all-in. Its not a sport where the most skillful will win. Its a game where your FH on the flop gets busted by a better FH on the river... bingo!

Iron Poker - Titan Poker Deutsch