My god I've played a lot of poker!

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just got a new laptop and am in the process of rebuilding my database. I'm importing all my saved hand histories going all the way back to about 2007 when I first bought Poker Tracker 3. It is currently downloading at a rate of about 100 hands per second and the estimated remaining duration is 23 hours! That's about 8.6 Million hands. Most of those are observed hands from back in the day when I would load up every table in a tournament so that I would have data on everyone at the later levels. I would also open up maybe 10 tables at whatever cash level I was playing at and just let it run all night. I know that's frowned upon now but back in the day this wasn't against the terms and conditions of most sites and anyone could just go to PTR and buy as many hands as they wanted anyway. Still, all told with cash and tournaments I estimate that I'm responsible for a good 1/4 of those hands. So, at 1 hand per second it would take about 25 days to go through all the hands I've played and that only accounts for Hold'em and Omaha. Add a few days on for Razz, Bedugi, Stud and Triple Draw and I'm into it for a month. Isn't that sick?

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Stats on players are the most valuable thing in poker besides skils. I kept stats for about 10 years on pokerstars too, and I had almost every player in my notes. But something went wrong and last year I saw that all my notes were deleted. I wrote to the support. They told me that after another update of their software they had lost the files. It was very frustrating, of course. :eek:

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just got a new laptop and am in the process of rebuilding my database. I'm importing all my saved hand histories going all the way back to about 2007 when I first bought Poker Tracker 3. It is currently downloading at a rate of about 100 hands per second and the estimated remaining duration is 23 hours! That's about 8.6 Million hands. Most of those are observed hands from back in the day when I would load up every table in a tournament so that I would have data on everyone at the later levels. I would also open up maybe 10 tables at whatever cash level I was playing at and just let it run all night. I know that's frowned upon now but back in the day this wasn't against the terms and conditions of most sites and anyone could just go to PTR and buy as many hands as they wanted anyway. Still, all told with cash and tournaments I estimate that I'm responsible for a good 1/4 of those hands. So, at 1 hand per second it would take about 25 days to go through all the hands I've played and that only accounts for Hold'em and Omaha. Add a few days on for Razz, Bedugi, Stud and Triple Draw and I'm into it for a month. Isn't that sick?
WOWWWWWWWWWW!!! you have played allot of poker Buddy!!!!

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Friend, I think you'd better exclude these hands, and export the most current hands, as poker has changed a lot since then, in other words, the states end up not being very reliable. Gl and congratulations on your new acquisition.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're probably right, but I've had them in my database so long I can't bear to part with them. I guess I'm just a sentimental old fool.🥲

aorodrigo

aorodrigo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
How many GB of files, my friend?

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's possible your sentimental & from some folks perspective you may qualify as old, but a fool, sorry that one isn't gonna fly. Good to hear from you, glad your still standing & good luck with the next few million hands. (y)

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah that's a lot of poker dude! Keep going!

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Poker nostalgia for the past usually gives a surge of strength and desire to play if there is something good to remember.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You're probably right, but I've had them in my database so long I can't bear to part with them. I guess I'm just a sentimental old fool.🥲
If your database is more than a decade old, you might want to set a filter in the HUD, so that only newer hands are used to calculate stats. People tend to change their style over time, so stats based mainly on hands, that were played several years ago, might be misleading.

10gerka

10gerka

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a little nostalgic when you review your hands from years ago, that makes you stronger and like everything in life with poker you never stop learning.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's a little nostalgic when you review your hands from years ago, that makes you stronger and like everything in life with poker you never stop learning.
It is probably more usefull to review your recent hands though ;)

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
does it help you notice what you did wrong when you lose??

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
does it help you notice what you did wrong when you lose??
Yes. It's my most valuable tool for studying, even above GTO Wizard and Flopzilla. If you're serious about poker and you're not tracking your play now I highly recommend it.

devonsparks14

devonsparks14

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PH
Chips
hmmm I relate so much... should i be worried?? jk