Do you know the ways players cheat in online poker?

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
It has been heard that friends sit down at the cash tables and play as a team
It has been heard that someone creates multiple accounts and plays

Please share what you have heard!

Attachments

• 1722612025171.png
    1722612025171.png
    312 bytes · Views: 9
Fosterbio

Fosterbio

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MD
Chips
ghosthunting - when a weak player somehow makes it to the final table and gives his login and password to a stronger friend so that he can pull out the win
chip dumping - when one deliberately dumps chips (money) to another for a certain reward agreed upon outside the game
PS also bumhunting - when you specifically find tables with weak opponents (cash game) although this is not exactly cheating, but I remember players were banned for this

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
ghosthunting - when a weak player somehow makes it to the final table and gives his login and password to a stronger friend so that he can pull out the win
chip dumping - when one deliberately dumps chips (money) to another for a certain reward agreed upon outside the game
PS also bumhunting - when you specifically find tables with weak opponents (cash game) although this is not exactly cheating, but I remember players were banned for this
Yes, this topic is probably not very popular, because probably there are only fair players in the cardschat forum!

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the world is cruel and wherever there is money there are people who are trying to win (not earn) money, and the methods are different, trust the top rooms, there is at least some kind of fight against dishonest gaming

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
A type of cheating in online poker is when one player at the table deliberately loses in hands where his opponent is his accomplice.There have always been many types of fraud. But the advent of the computer era has opened up new opportunities for scammers. In addition, the online gaming industry allows scammers to act anonymously. In modern online poker, there are more than a dozen types of fraud.Team cheating is carried out in the following way: players who pursue common interests are at the same table. This is the so-called "teamplay" - a situation when a group of poker players gathers and communicates information about their cards to each other using a system of signals they have invented.Another example of teamplay is pre-agreed actions. The following situation is possible: each member of the scammers' team takes turns raising the bet, and the victim is forced to either call or fold.
Many poker players resort to the help of special programs - solvers. It's one thing when they are not prohibited for use, another - if they are on the room's blacklist.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't know how it happens on other poker rooms, but it's very difficult to do this on pokerstars when playing at cash tables, because if you do illogical things very often, your account will be frozen until the circumstances are clarified!!! Regarding multiple accounts, it's not that simple either, for example, your method of replenishing your account and withdrawing money is linked to your account, and it is also tracked, so you won't be able to replenish or withdraw funds to the same account from multiple accounts!!! No poker room is interested in illegal actions being noticed on their platform, because it affects their reputation and, accordingly, the number of players!!!Yes, of course there are scammers, but they are regularly caught and banned!!!

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

Ripley rips it in on Replay
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its called Ghosting and not Ghosthunting.
Another way to cheat would be cardsharing but i think many here already know what that is ☺️

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think the best known are multi accounts, there are players who sign up for tournaments with more than one account and even others who play as a team.

Aleksandr1991

Aleksandr1991

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've noticed many times that the player plays differently

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Very discouraging thought.
I believe that some players collude and discuss via phone or IM platforms while playing online.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It's very easy, secretly, to players communicate during a cash game match at a table. For example, if there's two or more villains (as a team) at the same tabe, they can easily communicate by using a messenger App to share their hands and act from that shares. This is a type of cheating not always easy to track. This may not happens (too much) in tourney as the players change tables often, and is more difficult to keep such a 'team' till the final table.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think at fast fold tables, there are sometimes teams that come in together and share their hole cards to give themselves an edge in a particular deal when a few of them get seated together at a table. Could probably even happen with a single player working with a bot team that reports back to him. Of course can't prove it's happening as a single player.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I found out that one of my friends was cheating, I would warn him about the bad consequences.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
When two friends or person with 2 accounts are playing sit&go for 2, they can transfer money.

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I recently saw a suspected cheat at a free roll table of all things. Player 1, the table chip leader raised pre flop, all fold except one who went all in a raise of only 20 chips...the chip leader folded. really after betting 600 chips he folds for 20 chips??? sounds fishy to me..

Rony Mota

Rony Mota

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Some beginner team players, when they reach a final table, are helped by instructors.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Poker is one of life's mysteries
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
As far as I know, all poker rooms prohibit any method of cheating, especially creating multiple accounts, and the poker rooms remain responsible for this issue or other types of cheating.
As for forming a team and entering tournaments or cash tables, I do not think there is a law prohibiting that, whether in online or live poker.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I've heard of people creating multiple accounts and playing. But I've also heard that such people are almost always identified and blocked. It's better to be a respectable player and not risk the opportunities we have.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
As for forming a team and entering tournaments or cash tables, I do not think there is a law prohibiting that, whether in online or live poker

It is called "collusion" and strictly prohibited.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips

at big rooms like gg and pokerstars this not can be running for a long time. But if you play in "xxxxpoker happynnes room" this can happen with more frequence

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I recently saw a suspected cheat at a free roll table of all things. Player 1, the table chip leader raised pre flop, all fold except one who went all in a raise of only 20 chips...the chip leader folded. really after betting 600 chips he folds for 20 chips??? sounds fishy to me..
very fishy .... but online anyway, sometimes the big stack that eventually folded has misread the size of the reraise, gotten involved at another table , had to run to the bathroom, or been disconnected from wifi ( all have happened to me in big pots ). you can be suspicious but not completely sure .

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Swede Tooth
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think at fast fold tables, there are sometimes teams that come in together and share their hole cards to give themselves an edge in a particular deal when a few of them get seated together at a table. Could probably even happen with a single player working with a bot team that reports back to him. Of course can't prove it's happening as a single player.
what?

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I read about various cases of fraud, but in general, all these manipulations ended badly for their organisers. We can only hope that poker sites will take proper care of their and our safety.