Do you have to put up with emojis when you make a mistake?

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think it's stupid I want to deactivate this option at poker rooms , like at bwin for example . All the time e emojis or throwable items . That's stupid and frustrating I have to say . And many poker room bots use emojis and tbrowables . I don't want to chat with bots . Lol

P

pedroyama

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I love to play with emojis, ppl get mad so they stop playing correctly. hahahahaha
For me, I'm at war. So, those little things that could tilt an opponent, is worth trying it.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
normally, but I know how to lose a hand.
and when the reaction is with emoji, it is always smooth.
Unfortunately, there are people who don't know how to be frustrated and use chat to be disrespectful. this is happening more frequently.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The most toxic emoticons are only in poker.
I can do without them, they have the largest selection on g g poker.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometime I use them too but I don't overdo it. I dislike the players who throw items and emojis all the time. :giggle:
Presumably they do it to tilt people and gain an advantage that way? I agree, its kind of jerky, and maybe thats the time, we actually consider to turn emojis off? Then they can throw all, they want, and they will only distract themselfes ;)

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Is someone else being teased at online poker rooms when they make a mistake, by emojis...? Kkk
If you feel that you are being "Teased" by other players you really do have "Insecurity problem" Don't! let the Idiots get you down, Ignore the Childish Emojis and the Idiots that use them, and just concentrate on your game.

pokerstars used to promote other Poker formats to get you to win more Emojis and at the same time increase their own profits from raked games, Playing other formats that you were not accustomed with, also it cost you money from your bankroll chasing these things, I know because I was sucked into the promotions and they cost me dearly trying to win the latest Emoji.

One day I realised that I was the Sucker here trying to win dumb things you can throw at people, For What? A little personal gratification.
Ignore the players that use them and before too long they will eventually get nothing from you or they just get busted out of the game because they live for a reaction from you and if you refuse to play their silly childish games, they soon get bored.

Remember the Phrase "Sticks and Stones may Break my Bones, but names cannot hurt me" These Emojis cannot hurt you if you don't let them, but if you retaliate the more they will do it and the more wound up you will become. Grow up and every time you see one flying across the table, just think "CHILD" and IGNORE THEM!

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The first thing to change is how you feel about these emojis.

Feeling teased, is the first thing to change. The second thing is feeling like you made a mistake, because of the result of the hand, or reactions of others.

Its a total must in poker to learn not to care what anyone else thinks. You have to make the best decisions you can at the time. If after the event you review the hand and decide you made a mistake, then fine, but at this point there are no emojis!!

I shoved 23o in a live game recently, on the FT, 5 handed. For context we were all short, I was in sb, bb was middle chip stack, and the massive chip leader was to his left, who I basically had zero fold equity against, whereas I did have a reasonable amount of fold equity vs big blind! If i do that online, its a classic spot to feel like maybe I get emojis launched at me, but I still think it was my best chance to gain chips in the next few hands, which I needed to do.

I managed to luck box it, and hot 2 pair as he called with AJo and hot his A. He was disgusted, but I'm 35% ish to win the hand, and he will fold probably half his holdings.

I didn't like him calling, and everyone seeing my hand, but actually it helped, as then the other players were very unsure what I was shoving with, I got 2 poor calls against my AK and AQ, and finished 2nd, would have won it, but my KK was beaten by a flush, then we chopped.

If you don't make plays that may look like mistakes, then you are leaving opportunities to win chips on the table. Sometimes these moves will be considered mistakes by other people, sometimes they will just be mistakes, but you have to do it to learn!! Do not be worried about what players think!

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The sites I play let you turn them off. Check the settings.

10gerka

10gerka

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind emojis, on the contrary I find them funny when they show them at the tables, it creates a good atmosphere, but when I make a mistake I have a lot more fun with it, poker is about having fun and having a good time at the tables.

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
É melhor apenas silenciar as pessoas para não se distrair ou ficar inclinado.
A primeira coisa a mudar é como você se sente em relação a esses emojis.

Sentir-se provocado é a primeira coisa a mudar. A segunda coisa é sentir que cometeu um erro, por causa do resultado da mão ou das reações de outras pessoas.

É uma obrigação total no pôquer aprender a não se importar com o que os outros pensam. Você tem que tomar as melhores decisões possíveis no momento. Se após o evento você revisar a mão e decidir que cometeu um erro, tudo bem, mas neste momento não há emojis!!

Fiz shove de 23o em um jogo ao vivo recentemente, no FT, de 5 jogadores. Para contextualizar, estávamos todos short, eu estava em sb, bb estava com stack intermediário, e o grande chip leader estava à sua esquerda, contra quem eu basicamente tinha zero fold equity, enquanto eu tinha uma quantidade razoável de fold equity vs big blind ! Se eu fizer isso online, é um clássico sentir que talvez receba emojis lançados para mim, mas ainda acho que foi minha melhor chance de ganhar fichas nas próximas mãos, o que eu precisava fazer.

Eu consegui fazer um boxe de sorte, e acertei 2 pares quando ele pagou com AJo e acertou seu A. Ele ficou enojado, mas estou 35% ish para ganhar a mão, e ele provavelmente desistirá de metade de suas mãos.

Eu não gostei dele pagando, e de todos verem minha mão, mas na verdade isso ajudou, já que os outros jogadores não tinham certeza do que eu estava fazendo shove, recebi 2 call ruins contra meu AK e AQ, e terminei em 2º, teria ganhei, mas meu KK foi derrotado por um flush, então cortamos.

Se você não fizer jogadas que possam parecer erros, estará deixando oportunidades de ganhar fichas na mesa. Às vezes esses movimentos serão considerados erros por outras pessoas, às vezes serão apenas erros, mas é preciso fazer para aprender!! Não se preocupe com o que os jogadores pensam!
Entendo e respeito sua colocação...obrigado por compartilhar sua experiência!!!👊

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Se você sente que está sendo “provocado” por outros jogadores, você realmente tem um “problema de insegurança”. Não faça isso! deixe os idiotas te derrubarem, ignore os emojis infantis e os idiotas que os usam e concentre-se apenas no jogo.

O PokerStars costumava promover outros formatos de pôquer para fazer você ganhar mais Emojis e ao mesmo tempo aumentar seus próprios lucros em jogos com raked. Jogar outros formatos com os quais você não estava acostumado, também lhe custava dinheiro do seu saldo perseguir essas coisas, eu sei porque fui sugado pelas promoções e elas me custaram caro tentar ganhar o último Emoji.

Um dia percebi que eu era o otário aqui tentando ganhar coisas idiotas que você pode jogar nas pessoas, para quê? Um pouco de gratificação pessoal.
Ignore os jogadores que os usam e em pouco tempo eles acabarão não recebendo nada de você ou simplesmente serão expulsos do jogo porque vivem para uma reação sua e se você se recusar a jogar seus jogos infantis bobos, eles logo ficarão entediados.

Lembre-se da frase "Paus e pedras podem quebrar meus ossos, mas nomes não podem me machucar" Esses Emojis não podem machucar você se você não permitir, mas se você retaliar, mais eles farão isso e mais ferido você ficará. Cresça e toda vez que você ver um voando pela mesa, pense em “CRIANÇA” e IGNORE-O!
Thanks for the advice bro!

M

Manf1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Yeah is good weapon, in many times a fishing rod is enough make nervous a recreative player

mr.fers_one

mr.fers_one

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
when you play several tables, then you don't notice what's going on)) in general, if it somehow affects you, then it's better to turn off this nonsense)))

Toruk Makto

Toruk Makto

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Se você sente que está sendo “provocado” por outros jogadores, você realmente tem um “problema de insegurança”. Não faça isso! deixe os idiotas te derrubarem, ignore os emojis infantis e os idiotas que os usam e concentre-se apenas no jogo.

O PokerStars costumava promover outros formatos de pôquer para fazer você ganhar mais Emojis e ao mesmo tempo aumentar seus próprios lucros em jogos com raked. Jogar outros formatos com os quais você não estava acostumado, também custou dinheiro do seu saldo perseguir essas coisas, eu sei porque fui sugado pelas promoções e elas me custaram caro tentar ganhar o último Emoji.

Um dia percebi que eu era o otário aqui tentando ganhar coisas idiotas que você pode jogar nas pessoas, para quê? Um pouco de gratificação pessoal.
Ignore os jogadores que os usam e em pouco tempo eles acabarão não aceitando nada de você ou simplesmente serão expulsos do jogo porque vivem para uma ocorrência sua e se você se recusar a jogar seus jogos infantis bobos, eles logo ficarão entediados.

Lembre-se da frase "Paus e pedras podem quebrar meus ossos, mas nomes não podem me machucar" Esses Emojis não podem machucar você se você não permitir, mas se você retaliar, mais eles farão isso e mais feridos você vencerá. Cresça e toda vez que você ver um balançando pela mesa, pense em “CRIANÇA” e IGNORE-O!
Obrigado pelos conselhos mano
quando você joga várias mesas, você não percebe o que está acontecendo)) em geral, se isso de alguma forma afeta você, então é melhor desligar essa bobagem)))
Thanks for the advice!!