What I learned as a poker beginner: Pair of Aces 6.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Avoid traps

Although a pair of Aces is the best starting hand, it is not unbeatable. If many players are involved in the hand, the chances of someone hitting a strong hand on the flop, turn or river increase. Knowing when to slow down the aggression or even fold a hand can be the difference between a big win or a big loss.

Flyer35

Flyer35

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Absolutely! I've missed out on big wins by folding really bad cards much more than I've scored by playing really good cards. Those five community cards have a huge impact.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Avoid traps

Although a pair of Aces is the best starting hand, it is not unbeatable. If many players are involved in the hand, the chances of someone hitting a strong hand on the flop, turn or river increase. Knowing when to slow down the aggression or even fold a hand can be the difference between a big win or a big loss.
It's true, but it's not just a pair of aces, it's literally all hands. Being able to correctly assess the situation and fold if necessary is probably the most difficult thing for a beginner.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
É verdade, mas não é só um par de ases, é literalmente todas as mãos. Ser capaz de avaliar corretamente a situação e desistir se necessário é provavelmente a coisa mais difícil para um iniciante.
Absolutely. I think that separates the beginners, like me, from the good players. they get it, I read and try to practice.