What do you do when you have QQ or KK & Villain goes all-in?

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I am curious to see what you do when this happens to you, both pre-flop and flop. Anxious to see your answer. Thank you.
Dan'O.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It’s very rare that I will ever be folding in this situation early in a tournament especially where a rebuy is possible. Later on it becomes more of a difficult scenario. The player shoving, icm, table dynamic, whether the player involved is very loose or tight all are contributing factors. Maybe on a satellite bubble or when it’s a massive chip amount at risk. Unfortunately folding here is usually not ideal sometimes it’s a logical option that is sound imo. It’s been many times where I do call and I have kk run AA so I know that getting away is an option that may be appropriate. I (and I assume other’s) don’t always have the best luck in big all in preflop pots I do not like to be at risk for a huge amount of my stack. This risk can’t always be avoided. A gut feeling usually tells me what to do sometimes.

Sariane

Sariane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eu vou all-in, todos têm uma mão valiosa, então eu deixo o deck decidir rs

O

Oxinthewater

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop and post-flop are entirely different situations.

Preflop it is usually a simple call or raise (if others behind have more) , while postflop it may not look as strong a hand should an ace have falled or a flushed board.

As the other poster has said, I'm pretty much never folding preflop if it's not satellite bubble. Maybe wierd cases like being very deep and the all-in comes from a tight opponent 4-bet I'll give it some thought.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If it's a freeroll I call :), or if he/her stack is much smaller than mine. But this is just the basics for I can do many other actions, there are many things to consider in order to point it out exactly what I would do.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for your inputs. I see that others give it lots of thought before acting. Also, looks like seeing the flop before any major action is most favored. That is my thinking as well. Thankyou.
Dan'O

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are so many factors in this decision that there's not a blanket rule on how to proceed. How long have we been playing with villain? What are our reads:? Cash game or tournament? Stack sizes? Pot size so far. What position am I relative to the opponent? What is my actual position at the table? Who else is in the hand? Who will be left to act? How many bets have been made prior to the shove? What are my implied odds. Knowing stack sizes, how much, if anything, will I have left? These are all things I consider first before evaluating how strong my hand is in theory vs reality in that specific situation.

Julthefreak

Julthefreak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That depends on the situation. When I'm a chip leader, I usually call it. But if I could be kicked out as a result (when it comes to something), I actually only call KK, not QQ.

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All I know is that when I have the better hand? I have a strong chance to lose. I feel it's the random algo out to get me. or....the Betting site it's self. : ..... (

G

ggteam2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I am curious to see what you do when this happens to you, both pre-flop and flop. Anxious to see your answer. Thank you.
Dan'O.
Preflop-allin.
Postflop-depends on flop/stack/position.

T

terry5758

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop-allin.
Postflop-depends on flop/stack/position.
I think this is the best course of action although after the flop I usually mis something on the board or forget to pay attention to stack sizes or position, and in general just get married to the pair so in my caseI should probably just always make sure these hands are all in pre

K

kamciono5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"What do you do when you have QQ or KK & Villain goes all-in?"
Me: KK
Villain: All in
Me: Call
Villain: Have AA
Me:
bed385c452a88c0eddd9da530f7dc7a2.gif

Flop: 2,3, K
Me:
FrankShadyErne.webp

Have a great Saturday guys :D :D :D

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
good QQ is already a case to think a lot depends on what stage of the tournament this is the amount of chips and opponents,
plus KK I will definitely go all in if I get an all in regardless of any circumstances,
unless the villain is on my right short stack i'm dipstack and want to let someone else get in the hand

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
All in. A rare exception might be at the bubble.
Cash game is different, gut says youre beat fold.
Winning and winning money are not always the same.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dan'O.
No brainer preflop always all in with kk and qq unless your live which on the internet obviously your not so live reads dont matter. So always all in if you wanna be a winning player. Anyone who folds to a shove pre with those two are nits watch pros/ams do it on youtube. Post flop in the flop hits j high (unless the board hits all one suit and you aint got a flush draw) your all in no questions. Learn the game and youll see in time. Keep stacking and dont be easy.

X

xexeu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pre-flop a single time that I don't pay a whole in holding QQ and if I'm playing a satellite and is close to the bubble now the rest paid yes for sure even in any pre-flop situation

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It depends on stack sizes, positions, actions, number of players involved etc. If it happens on the flop, it also depends on the board texture. QQ is not exactly a monster on boards like AK5, AJJ or 987 all same suit.
Exactly, that is really depends on many factors that you listed, plus from the type of tournament (re-entry ,buy-ins, KO), deep stuck, bubble or ITM etc.

G

goodsaint

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As others have stated, post-flop weigh your options, then proceed accordingly. Pre-flop 90% of the time I'm calling, even if I may feel I'm up against AK or AA. Can always catch a set on the runout.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good Morning!

Hello. I appreciate your answers. I have always wondered if my thoughts are the same as others. These answers are very interesting. A variety of answers. Gives me new ideas. Thank you very much!
Dan'O

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dan'O.

if its early in the tournement , im definitely shoving too ! if its deep in the tournement well it depends on the villian and how much does he have infront of him , if he covers me or not and how has he been playing !

B

benitwapasu

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop I would quickly call with kings always. With queens in certain situations I would fold but it would be rare. Post flop though there would of course be many situations where fold is correct play particularly if ace comes.

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
preflop call in 90% of the cases. but after flop is a different story is just a pair and there´s a lot of factors to analyse, even whit AA you could fold in some circumstances.