What to do to win at poker

B

bbtran

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
Hi everyone, I've been playing poker for a long time. But everyone wins one time and then loses, loses a lot of things with poker. I don't know how to win even with poker to get back the lost ones :(

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Hi everyone, I've been playing poker for a long time. But everyone wins one time and then loses, loses a lot of things with poker. I don't know how to win even with poker to get back the lost ones :(
Every journey starts with the first step...

A

Amblo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You should never bet money that you are not willing to lose. There is no such thing as winning back money in poker. You can win more money and never get it back.
It is normal to lose, some things that we lose in poker are very useful, such as: ego, impatience, greed, laziness, among other things.
Don't be sad, just forget about the loss and don't bet significant amounts. So that when you lose you won't feel so affected.

A

Amblo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Every journey starts with the first step...
Don't even talk to me about steps.:ROFLMAO:
I wonder what it would be like if there was a step counter in your life journey, like on cell phones and their Apps that count your steps.
I would probably crash this App.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
You must prepare before playing with your money, I recommend reading forums, watching videos to improve your game. Although if you make good decisions and your game is good but you still lose, you just have to wait for your moment.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If you want to regain what you've lost and this is your main goal, then you will most likely not be able to become a good player. Your goal will hinder your development. Reconsider your goals. Forget about the money you lost. If you play poker for the sake of a good game, for the sake of good, high-quality decisions, then you will have a chance to become a profitable player.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Basically what you've got to do is maximise your wins and minimise your losses, simple

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you want to regain what you've lost and this is your main goal, then you will most likely not be able to become a good player. Your goal will hinder your development. Reconsider your goals. Forget about the money you lost. If you play poker for the sake of a good game, for the sake of good, high-quality decisions, then you will have a chance to become a profitable player.
This is really good advice. What happened in the past can not be changed, and chasing after losses will usually only result in further losses.

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips

poker is a game where you shouldn't remember losses for a long time, but if something is lost and it affects you negatively, then you have to change your thinking style.
and in the game of poker big wins come unexpectedly and just play as well as you know and we'll see

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It doesn't matter how long you have been playing if you keep making the Same mistake over and over again, Some players believe they have a Lucky hand that they always win with, They tend to forget the times it doesn't win, and when it comes come up Trumps for them It just reinforces their belief. I don't have a Favourite Hand because I know it doesn't matter what cards you have in the Hole, A/A can get crushed and even 7/2 wins sometimes.
I have been playing for over 20 years and I still am willing to learn from other players, Nothing surprises me when it comes to Poker and no matter how long you have been playing, going back to basics and starting over again is always a Positive,

Become a Winning Poker Player in 30 Days | CardChat

CardsChat invites you to the 30-day free poker video training course designed to raise your game & play even smarter - Written by Collin Moshman & Katie Dozier.

I did this course when I first joined Cardschat 4 years ago, and I still learned a few things that I didn't know, You are never too old to learn new tricks and any study is well worth it in the long term. I know some professional players who still take a day off to spend time discussing their game with other professionals, not playing, just reviewing hands the played over the last week and learning from their own mistakes, and we all make a few.

P

puzzlefish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips

A lot of members are mentioning making good decisions in poker. That's an important but still a very small part of winning at poker.

Here's what they are not telling you (yet).

You need to play many many hands and/or many many tournaments. Hundreds of thousands of hands. Many thousands of tournaments. This is called volume - high volume is many games, many hands and low volume is the opposite with few games and few hands over time. Poker is won only over the long run with high volume play. It is incredibly chaotic and unpredictable over the short run and if you are a low volume player, it is very easy to get lost in the waves of the storm. So keep that it mind and if you can't afford to spend the necessary time to get the volume that is required but still like to play poker, then you have to come to terms with living continuously in the storm

That also means losing, sometimes for a prolonged period of time, and sometimes forever if you get stuck in a downswing at low volume.

The final thing I want to add is about game and table selection. You want to find poker games that you can beat and the only way of doing that is to play against players who are worse than you are. Doing the opposite - playing against better players - mostly leads to losing against them over time. You may learn a few things in the process, but realistically you probably learn very little while in the moment unless you are very disciplined.

Instead, you can review hands, read articles, practice in simulators, watch videos... etc. etc. to do your studying.

The best results in poker come from knowing how to find the best games and make the most from them. That means know how to find weaker players than you and avoid players who are stronger and better than you.

One final thought: watch the rake that you get charged, because that makes it even easier to lose money.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep evolving. Keep studying.

B

bbtran

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
VN
Chips
Mọi cuộc hành trình đều bắt đầu bằng bước chân đầu tiên...
Please let me know

userX

userX

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I just read some really great advice that I think is 100% true. Here is a screenshot.
Screenshot 5
And the link :)

gravii2011

gravii2011

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
try a mixed style of play, watch your opponents and everything will work out.