rank your opponents

888NOX888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, without a doubt, the correct assessment of your opponent is already half the success.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course. But even more important is to find out, what different player types do wrong, and how you can exploit their mistakes. Like fish call to much, so you should reduce bluffing and bet more often for thin value. Or nits rarely bluff, so you should not call their big bets or raises, unless you have a very strong hand yourself.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
That's not bad advice! Yes, this advice is too obvious, but often we don't have enough time or we play at several tables at the same time, so sometimes we have to play intuitively and not always effectively. :unsure:

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
As a player who plays a basic TAG style/exploitive style, but mostly also plays mostly by feel/instinct and experience I 100% agree. And while I do use a HUD I never even rely on it a majority of the time. As I only double table it's not hard for me to remember up to 16-18 players. I use the HUD mainly for track how much I'm winning/losing and for study/hand reviews.

Opened a solver once in my life. Had a short look around and decided that bs is just way to much dam work for a hobby :LOL:. If I wanted another job or poker to be my job it already would be starting 20 some years ago.

Cheers!!!

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Studying the opponent is the key to success, if you are still inspired, the chance is one hundred percent to win.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Studying the opponent is the key to success, if you are still inspired, the chance is one hundred percent to win.
I need to study with you!lol

#3 LAG
#2 TAG/LAG
#1 MAG

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
i just wish they had color coding on replay ...... that makes it a lot easier for quick notification of poker style .

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I hope this message finds you well. I hereby inform you that it is of utmost importance that you study and classify your opponents to improve your decisions in a more forceful manner.
I mark my opponents with labels and short captions as needed. I realised a long time ago how useful notes can be, and sometimes they really help you make a good, correct decision.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I hope this message finds you well. I hereby inform you that it is of utmost importance that you study and classify your opponents to improve your decisions in a more forceful manner.
It is important indeed. It takes some time in some cases tho, but is useful.

Ataman911

Ataman911

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Each opponent must be followed, and when the time comes to take away his chips!

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I agree. This is especially true if you play with the same players often. An example that fits well in this situation is our CardsChat freerolls. From the very beginning of my participation in the community, I played in our wonderful freerolls, and I quickly realised that notes about the players - members of our community can be very useful. And I started to meticulously make these notes on every player every day, if possible. And these notes often helped me make good and correct decisions.
However, I have to say that after the next software update, all my notes disappeared and it really upset me. But a week or two later, I just realised that I didn't need my notes anymore, I just knew them by heart and could easily classify every player in our daily freerolls, of course, except for the new players who joined the community recently.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its for this very reason that i mix my play up, having studied and by continuing to study much better players, i see absolute value in picking spots and widening my range, i have been at tables where you can see clearly the players who are looking to exploit, looking to constantly raise the passive or TAG/NIT player and it never ceases to amaze me how quickly they fold when you put them to a decision.
I love the fact that i could be classified in a category as a certain type of player - that is hugely beneficial as i like to spring a surprise ! ARR!!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Sometimes your opponent may have a hand that you didn't expect in the range. And this is quite simple to explain. Good poker players often mix their strategy and balance different ranges to try to confuse their opponents and not give themselves an opportunity to be exploited. Bad players or beginners, due to a low level of understanding of the game, often play just randomly and can show absurd and unpredictable lines.

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I completely agree. While poker is a game of probability, it also plays an important role to know and learn to read your opponents. Being able to adapt based on your opponent in order to extract the most value from your hand is the right way to play.

S

Shooter74

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In online poker it is very difficult to read your opponents... in any case, it is very important to observe how each one plays...