T

Tangax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Hi,

At the moment I am calculating the pot odds if the pot is $100 and they bet $50 I do the pot + their bet + my bet so that's $100 plus $50 plus $50 so $50 to win $200 which would be 4 to 1 odds.

The thing is I watched a black rain 79 video on flush draws and he said its just $100 plus $50 then your bet divided by $150 so that would be 3 to 1 odds and not 4 to 1 odds?

But I also looked into an article on how to calculate pot odds and it gives the example of you DO include that you need to include the bet you are calling so I would have been correct with 4:1 odds?

Because if its 4:1 odds a 2/3 pot bet doesn't actually knock out the flush draw?

T

Tangax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
If there is 100 in the pot, and the opponent bets 50, then you are getting 3-1 Pot Odds.
This means that your 50 call is going to be 25% of the total pot, which includes your call now.
This means if you are just playing strictly by math, you need a hand that has 25% equity or better to break even or to give you plus EV.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The first one is right.....

Do you put bets on in UK bookies? If you bet £1 at 3-1 what do you win? You win £3, plus you get your stake back. At 4-1 odds, you get £4 back plus your stake for a total of £5.

So in poker if the pot is £3 and the last bet is £1, and you call your £1, what do you win?......you win £3 plus ypur £1 back of course.

Hopefully this helps to explain why its 3-1 pot odds in this situation

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator