Poker lessons I've learned 9: Change your playing style as the blinds increase or decrease.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've learned that I have to be unpredictable. I have to change my image from time to time so that the other players can't be sure what I have when I'm in a hand. From time to time I can play marginal hands, preferably in good position. These changes should be subtle and not drastically change the number of hands I play.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
its good to mix it up, i recall reading an interview with Gus Hansen a few years back (and a few other pros) who would incorporate a wide range of hands, the difference is - Gus does this from the get go and is part of his normal strategy whereas others only employed it later on when their stack allowed them to expand the range.
Its commonplace however in knockout tourneys with bounties to see players experimenting and fishing - especially if you have a loose aggressive player on the table and you hit any part of a flop.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've learned that I have to be unpredictable. I have to change my image from time to time so that the other players can't be sure what I have when I'm in a hand. From time to time I can play marginal hands, preferably in good position. These changes should be subtle and not drastically change the number of hands I play.
If you look at GTO Wizard ranges you will get a very good idea of what hands to chose and how to play them to mix up your play. Often our Villains are not really paying attention so going outside solid range guidelines is not necessary.

When you look at gto charts you do not have to play all hands they show but you do not want to be 40% tighter than the charts- Also vs tight V just use UTG ranges for their range in most seats.

:unsure::geek:

A kiravio

A kiravio

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
You are right, and you could evolve ,to impose what follows favorably for those few and select hands....oops , I apologize for the intervention without explanation. In the end you must reap more than you sow.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You are right, and you could evolve ,to impose what follows favorably for those few and select hands....oops , I apologize for the intervention without explanation. In the end you must reap more than you sow.
All right, the interaction between the players in this group is good.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Se você olhar os ranges do GTO Wizard, você terá uma ideia muito boa de quais mãos escolher e como jogá-las para misturar seu jogo. Muitas vezes nossos vilões não estão realmente prestando atenção, então sair das diretrizes de range sólidas não é necessário.

Ao olhar para os gráficos gto, você não precisa jogar todas as mãos que eles mostram, mas você não quer ser 40% mais tight do que os gráficos. Além disso, contra o tight V, use apenas os intervalos UTG para seu intervalo na maioria dos assentos.

:incerto::geek:
I haven't had a chance to review the programs yet. But I will remember that.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
é bom misturar, lembro-me de ler uma entrevista com Gus Hansen alguns anos atrás (e alguns outros profissionais) que incorporavam uma ampla gama de mãos, a diferença é que Gus faz isso desde o início e faz parte de sua estratégia normal, enquanto outros só a empregaram mais tarde, quando seu stack permitiu que expandissem a gama.
No entanto, é comum em torneios eliminatórios com recompensas ver jogadores experimentando e pescando - especialmente se você tiver um jogador solto e agressivo na mesa e acertar qualquer parte do flop.
I would like to know which team is right for this mix of movements. It's pretty complicated.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think we should constantly change our game, bet sizes, preflop range, game strategy, and then no one will be able to adjust to you