dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
With pocket pairs like these, your main goal is to either flop a set or fold if you miss.It is the implied odds that make playing small pocket pairs profitable.

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Does anyone else ever win on them?
No, of course, no one has ever won with such a pair. How is that possible, how can you win with a pair of eights? It's a very strange question, because no one has ever won with a pair of eights in their life. I'm surprised you don't know that. Everyone who has a computer, let alone the Internet, knows about it. It's strange.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think it is a good hand that you can win many other hand and with this hand you can play aggressive

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Pocket 8's are a decent holding, they hit mid range for straights and have other uses outside of set mining, i watched a poker coaching video on this a while back and it made me rethink my strategy a little.
Oddly enough, i have had way more success with pocket 8's and 10's then i have ever had with JJ.

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Does anyone else ever win on them?
I didn't really understand what the letter S meant in the context of a pair of eights. If you mean have I ever won with a pair of eights of the same suit, no, I have never won with such cards because I never got them because the deck of cards does not have a second eight of the same suit :)