christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I recently read an article about poker and it contained the following lesson:
Aggressive plays with low pairs in poker, especially in Texas Hold'em, can be an effective strategy, but should be used with care due to the vulnerability of these pairs in various situations.

When playing Pre-Flop, you need controlled aggression. On the open-raise, making an initial raise with low pairs (such as 2-2 to 6-6) can be an aggressive move to try to win the pot immediately or establish control over the hand. This is especially effective in late positions (such as cut-off or button), where there are fewer players after you who may have a strong hand.
In Re-Raise (3-bet), re-raising against a player who opened with a raise can work as a semi-bluff. This can cause the opponent to fold better hands (such as high cards that don't connect on the flop).

How do you do this in rooms where there are crazy players who don't analyze poker?

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Generally I consider it is bad to play small pairs unless in good position pre-flop.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Everything depends on player type, position, and stack depth - but if not short-stacked: the lowest pairs are not good hands to blow up the pot preflop with in general since their main value is to hit a set cheap.

Attack the blinds in co and btn as you wrote but stay away from 3-betting them deep.

Here are some charts for 100BB deep:

Capture 2

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many people in this forum are tournament players, and then the strategy with small pairs are really dependent on stack depth. When we get down to around 20BB, they can make good rejamming hands, but it depends on the position of the player opening and your own position as well. But typically they are hands, we want to jam or fold with that kind of stack size. So if for instance CO open, and we are BB with 44 and an 18BB stack, then we want to defend by jamming. We dont want to stick in a call and then fold on all flops, where we miss our set, because then we massively under realise our equity.

And if we are first to act with the same 18BB stack, we dont want to min-raise a small pair, because we are going to fold facing 3-bets, they dont play well, if we get called with such a short stack, and they dont block any strong hands, that our opponents can have. We also dont want to open jam for 18BB, and since neither min-raising or open jamming is profitable, we simply have to fold. Except maybe if we are BTN or SB and can incorporate a limping strategy.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Generally I consider it is bad to play small pairs unless in good position pre-flop.
You really have to think carefully, because when you get it right you usually win good pots.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Position. Stack Depth. Range. Effective stack sizes at table - tournament stage are the variables i always look at when deciding whether to play low pairs.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Tudo depende do tipo de jogador, posição e profundidade do stack - mas se não tiver short-stack: os pares mais baixos não são boas mãos para explodir o pote pré-flop em geral, já que seu valor principal é conseguir um set barato.

Ataque os blinds em co e btn como você escreveu, mas fique longe de fazer 3-bets deep.

Aqui estão alguns gráficos para 100BB deep:

View attachment 368109
Very interesting. I'm going to study these tables. In fact, the size of the stack can be decisive for a good strategy.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Posição. Profundidade da pilha. Alcance. Tamanhos efetivos de pilha na mesa - fase de torneio são as variáveis que sempre observo ao decidir se jogo pares baixos.
Excellent observation. In the final phase of the tournament it is good to let the game go further.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Muitas pessoas neste fórum são jogadores de torneios, e então a estratégia com pares pequenos depende realmente da profundidade do stack. Quando chegamos a cerca de 20BB, eles podem fazer boas mãos de rejamming, mas depende da posição do jogador que está abrindo e da sua própria posição também. Mas normalmente são mãos, queremos shovar ou foldar com esse tipo de tamanho de stack. Então se por exemplo CO abrir, e nós formos BB com 44 e um stack de 18BB, então queremos defender shovar. Não queremos ficar em um call e então foldar em todos os flops, onde perdemos nosso set, porque então nós subestimamos massivamente nossa equidade.

E se formos os primeiros a agir com o mesmo stack de 18BB, não queremos fazer min-raise com um par pequeno, porque vamos foldar enfrentando 3-bets, eles não jogam bem, se formos pagos com um stack tão curto, e eles não bloquearem nenhuma mão forte, que nossos oponentes possam ter. Também não queremos abrir jam para 18BB, e como nem min-raise nem open jamming são lucrativos, simplesmente temos que foldar. Exceto talvez se formos BTN ou SB e pudermos incorporar uma estratégia de limping.
When the table comes to me and I'm in the button or CO position, I'll generally clean it.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think in this situation we must call and on flop raise or fold depending on what kind of hand we catch