christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Limp with Speculative hands

Suited Connectors: Hands like 5-6 or 7-8 suited, as well as low pairs, are ideal for seeing the flop cheap. They have the potential to hit straights, flushes or even three-bets, but aren't strong enough to justify a raise. Playing these hands with a limp can be profitable if you're at a passive table or with several limpers before you, especially in middle or late positions.

Low and Medium Pairs: Playing small or medium pairs (such as 2-2 to 8-8) is also a good situation to limp, especially when you expect a multi-way game (with several players on the flop). These hands have the potential to hit tricks on the flop, which can generate big profits, but you want to keep the initial cost low.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For new players----Off suit connectors are much better for seeing the flop cheaply than suited---suited can often be trap hands when they make second best flushes in games where many Villains are limping all their suited Kx Qx Jx.

It is actually better to raise suited low connectors and go headsup than it is to play 4 or 5 way with them especially when 100bb deep or more.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I don't often cold call a limp and I will never open limp these hands, may think about it in the SB especially if BB folds often to a bet on the flop.

If I'm in LP I will think about cold calling a limp with low suited connectors and low pocket pairs as these hands do very well in a multi way pot!