PKO final table: To deal or not to deal having the highest bounty?

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Hi forum,

I was playing a $3.3 PKO on pokerstars this morning and we're down to 3 players:

I'm the chip lead with about 50 BBs and the other players have around 20. One player has still a tiny bounty for FT and the other guy has a decent one. But mine is by far the highest.

Both are open for a deal and have checked the box and I am wondering if it would make sense to take the deal?

I gathered some reads on my opponents and of course want to take it down.

I decided not to take the deal and one opponent swallows the other as my calls weren't successful on 2 occasions. Even trying my best, I couldn't win it because my favourite cards didn't do their job in the HU. 😅

In the end his payout was $88 and mine was $57 (Regular payout was $34). Would it have been better to take the deal? 🤔

I know the question is hard to answer with exact numbers but curious about your opinion.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
No deal! 😇

If payout is higher (why not?!) + when is bounty tournament, sometimes that price on their "head" pays more that some of place in tournament...

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
In the end his payout was $88 and mine was $57 (Regular payout was $34). Would it have been better to take the deal? 🤔

I know the question is hard to answer with exact numbers but curious about your opinion.
I don't know what I would do, but you can see the result for yourself. When we think about our immortality, it can suddenly stop.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me deals in bounty tournaments dont make sense, since you still need to play for the bounties. Also since first and second price is the same, a 3-way deal only lock up a fairly small percentage of the remaining price pool, which particularly in a micro game should not matter to much to your bankroll. Like if the prices are $150, $150 and $90, then a deal will give everyone $130 assuming equal stacks. However the winner could easily get another $100+ in bounty money over the runner up, so those extra $40 are not that significant.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
For me deals in bounty tournaments dont make sense, since you still need to play for the bounties.
Oh, really? I thought everyone would just keep his own bounty. 😅

Then that definitely changes the picture. 🤓

Tadi

Tadi

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
You shouldn't have accepted the deal.

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips

I was wondering the same. In that case I guess you did the right thing

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Even in regular MTTs the game dont stop after a deal, its just the prices, that are locked up. Personally I then move all-in every hand to get it finished as fast as possible. If I cared about playing for the title, I would not have taken the deal :)

MK_

MK_

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
US
Chips
I like playing short handed.... and especially like HU so I would not take a deal,
....but even more so in a pko, who has better odds to take those bounties than the chip leader👍

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think you must play the game and try to win this tournament and have a good expirience for next game
Good Luck!

G0930

G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Suppose no deal was the right decision.
You have the highest bounty and with a win , your own collected bounty gets added to the prize.
GG :)

Gritz18

Gritz18

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Always accept the deal, in poker things change in a matter of minutes.😉

The saying goes "A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush"😁

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Just the adrenaline rush would have made me say no deal. You and another player were able to eliminate one player, so that left you heads up. I think you made the best decision you could with the knowledge you had at the time.

LUKADONCICMVP

LUKADONCICMVP

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
depends on a lot of factors if u are very good hu, just play if not deal.