dangbaonguyen93

dangbaonguyen93

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VN
Chips
This hand is a must call.” Bad players will mostly say this after calling with a weaker hand and losing. And I believe that with this kind of thinking, people who “have to call” will continue to lose money in similar situations.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, I was being blinded out. Blinds were 1000/2000. 5k starting chips. I had 23k chips remaining.
15 people get paid with 30 people remaining. 568 entrants. On my third hour and being card dead for almost an hour I went all in with AA. I was hoping this hand would put me in position to min cash $1.50 in this freeroll . My opponent shows QQ. Flop shows J84. My heart flutters that the J was not a Q. Turn shows a 10. Just great. Now in addition to Q showing can make me lose, now a 9 can dump me out of the tournament. Think positive. On the river out comes a 9. And out of yet another tourney in this must call situation.
Gotta love runner runners.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This hand is a must call.” Bad players will mostly say this after calling with a weaker hand and losing. And I believe that with this kind of thinking, people who “have to call” will continue to lose money in similar situations.
How many hands of poker have you played....Seriously....I went through may till pretty much october running intot he hands you cant fold....I call them set up hands....last one lost was aa week before was 9644 2 board i had 66 villian had 99....you fold there? etc....this is an extremely bad statement and imo will not help many...your pretty much saying hey JOE you call weak hands? How does JOE know its a weaker hand? If you play without playing those MUST call hands you will get ROBBED over and over by any aggressive player....No call those must call hands so you get notes on the villain you cant win every hand you can win in the end though by paying attention and learning your opponents....Again not sure why you would say what youve said seems like maybe you think are superior why asked how many hands you played? How many tournaments have you won? How much money? those are ?s id love to know with this mindset...Cause to me is not a healthy mindset to success in poker....Poker is a thinking game the more information you have the better you can play...Sometimes you need to call even knowing your probably beaten..>That is poker....Perfect example when was in the middle of that downturn i had KK 3 times I knew villain probably had old AA I called all 3 times...Would you fold there? See my point? I cant and wont fold there...but the last time I said it as called he has aces...it happens...Be aware learn what can its not just the cards that make you successful

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Well, I was being blinded out. Blinds were 1000/2000. 5k starting chips. I had 23k chips remaining.
15 people get paid with 30 people remaining. 568 entrants. On my third hour and being card dead for almost an hour I went all in with AA. I was hoping this hand would put me in position to min cash $1.50 in this freeroll . My opponent shows QQ. Flop shows J84. My heart flutters that the J was not a Q. Turn shows a 10. Just great. Now in addition to Q showing can make me lose, now a 9 can dump me out of the tournament. Think positive. On the river out comes a 9. And out of yet another tourney in this must call situation.
Gotta love runner runners.
your a great player always :)

MK_

MK_

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
US
Chips
I think this is the type of mindset that shows a lack of understanding that there are many times you have to call,

could be pot odds, too much invested to fold, hand has way too much showdown value, etc., all kinds of scenarios where you do indeed have to call,

otherwise if you are only calling when you think you have the best hand you are not only going to be run over you are going to very easy to read, this type of mindset is just throwing away all kinds of equity....

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a rhyming saying in my language: fold-money saved. We need to learn to fold even strong hands, otherwise it will not be possible to earn money in poker.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
May God bless them, and may they never change their minds.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
Situations, like players, are different. Sometimes I have situations where I know for sure that with this hand in this situation there is only one correct decision and that is to call, but luck is not always on the side of my miscalculation. Nevertheless, I'd rather make a choice and take the decision that I think will be the best and right one than to beat myself up later for not using this moment as I should have.
Good luck :)

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For clarification your statement maybe indicating situations where individuals think they have a must call and actually do not. Often players do not understand range refinement by river or Villain ranges when playing for stacks. If your Villains have no bluffs and would seldom bet worse it does not matter if you have a full house you still lose to better hands and those are the hands that your V has in certain spots.:unsure::geek:

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I agree with eberetta1
Now how many players will fold AA?

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands