Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Have you ever listened to some of the top professionals in poker and how they improved and became so good? One of the things they always say you should do during your training is to talk hands, poker, and theory with people you know. The problem is, how many people have a lot of close friends they can talk about poker on a deeper level with? The beautiful thing is we don't have that problem! As CardsChat members we have an opportunity to use these forums to improve ourselves. I think it's time we use it more.

Going back about 20 years ago when I was part of Poker School Online (PSO) I was lucky enough to be invited into a private group. I was their weakest link and was lucky to be allowed in, but as they told me, "It's not just about you improving your game and learning from us--we also forget what it's like to be a beginner and learning again too. We learn a lot about the players who were not as good at the same time we're helping you." I always found that to be interesting and they were right. During the next year and a half I learned a ton. I became a very decent poker player having my first winning year ever. Sadly PSO is no longer around, and our group is scattered into the winds, but I would like to bring some of what happened there here.

If we post hands or theories or just talk poker in general, we can all learn. What I want to do is start discussions on things all related to poker. It's not about my teaching you or you teaching me I mean let's be serious I'm not that great of a player and I'm nowhere near a professional what I have studied a lot in recent years I know a lot I think I could help many players maybe better understand things but there are also things that you can teach me so why don't we use this forum to help each other.

I'm gonna start posting two to three times a week here. It will be about a hand history, or a theory or anything else related to poker. Once I post the question or theory or whatever I'm gonna put my response underneath it. Join in and put your thoughts onto it. What made this idea great when I was with the group is we all had to do one a week and The thing is it was amazing sometimes that we had various ideas and we could discuss them not saying something's right or wrong but just giving other ideas to what could be a better way to play the game. Let's learn poker together.

Learning Poker Together Series Table of Contents:
Learning Poker Together Part 1: Playing of a Hand
Learning Poker Together Part 2: Thoughts on Solvers - Are they worth it for micro & low stakes?
Learning Poker Together Part 3: How do you train?
Learning Poker Together Part 4: Our Mindset & Mindset Coaching

Learning Poker Together Part 5: To call or not to call?
Learning Poker Together Part 6: Bankroll Management
Learning Poker Together Part 7: Never Give Up
Learning Poker Together Part 8: Player Notes

Last edited by a moderator:
dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Great initiative.
It is unlikely that I will comment on the posts (I am currently taking a break from poker), but I will definitely read all of them, because I am really interested in how many ways to approach a given party, but think you can definitely learn from these posts.
Thank you in advance for these 'learning materials'.

Tammy

Tammy

Can I help you?
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! What a great idea and a great way to utilize all the benefits of the CardsChat community! I've made a compendium of all the Learning Poker Together Series threads that @Luvepoker has done so far and added them to the first post, and I will post it here too:

Learning Poker Together Series Table of Contents:
Learning Poker Together Part 1: Playing of a Hand
Learning Poker Together Part 2: Thoughts on Solvers - Are they worth it for micro & low stakes?
Learning Poker Together Part 3: How do you train?
Learning Poker Together Part 4: Our Mindset & Mindset Coaching

Going forward, we'll update the list in the first post and make a new post in this thread with the new thread link. Subscribe to this thread so you don't miss any!

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
nice thanks for the information hope i can improove my level of play.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Ken thanks for all the hard work of putting all this together for the good of all players here on CC. I hope everyone can read and appreciate all that you are doing here.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Ken thanks for all the hard work of putting all this together for the good of all players here on CC. I hope everyone can read and appreciate all that you are doing here.
Thank you so very much. Grateful for the kinds words. Let me know if there is anything you would like to see in future post.