Learning Poker Together Part 9: What do you see on this flop?

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
When I joined the private group, I was given a test. I was not allowed to see any of the other answers until I posted mine. It’s not as much of a test but to show us something. I did answer and was on the right track but when I am honest with myself, I really only saw this when I stopped to think on the question. Once I realized this, I realized not only how much more there is to the game but realized how much more attention we need to have when playing this game. There is a really valid point to this.

So please look at the flops below and answer the question honestly to your self or even post them. Don’t look at the answers until you’re done. As I said, I was on the right track but never knew the depth of this game at this point.

So you wake up UTG with Ac Ks and you raise and get called on the button. And the flop is . 1727350777727 This is a good flop for us as we have top pair top kicker.

Your playing against a decent player by the way for all versions.

Question 1) so what do you see when you see this flop?

Question 2. Is this a good flop to slow play on.

Question 3 If yes why would it be a good flop to slow play on?

So you wake up UTG with Ac Ks and you raise and get called on the button. And the flop is>1727350792863 This is a good flop for us as we have top pair top kicker.

So one last time we wake up UTG with Ac Ks and you raise and get called on the button. And the flop is . 1727350881514 Its still a good flop for us.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Flop 1

Question 1. I see not the best flop we could hope for but it’s a really safe flop. Its great for out range and to be honest when you look at what can beat us there is not much. Set of 9’s and 4’s there are not really any 2 pair combos here too. A9 suited it really the best 2 pair hand they could have but clubs Spaids hearts are blocked leaving on Ad 9d out there.

Question 2, Slow playing for the most part is not the best option in the world but here its not so bad. They most likely just have 2 undercards here or a 9 something or 4 something looking for 2 pair. Yes we could allow them to catch up but we may have more value by letting something of the garbage hands they have catch up a little.

Question 3. There is no bad turn card for us that makes their hand into a monster. No flush or straight draws can be completed on this flop.

Flop 2

Question 1. While again this flop is great for our hand and range, we not has some hidden danger if we are not looking for it. There are 12 cards that could really hurt us on the turn or river now we need to be aware of now,

Question 2. I would not want to slow play here. While its not the words of flops, if we check behind any 6,7 or 8 could make a sneak straight. I would rather bet for value here and it they have a hand like 87 or 76 and fold there gutter I am ok with that. I also want to make sure I get value from a 9 here.

Queston 3, n/a as #2 is a no for me.

Flop 3

Question 1. While this is still a good flop for our range there are a lot of hand he could have here that would call or have sneaky draws,

Question 2. Never. Now any Q, J, Ten, 8,7 or 6 could be a bad card for us. With 24 cards that could hit there straight dreaws we don’t want to slow play. Now yes we could have some draws in our range as well but lets be honest, raising UNG we are not really raise say 67s or 68s

The reason I brought this one up is simple. Many people don’t realize the hidden dangers that can be out there. Many don’t realize just one card higher or lower can make a big difference. Many time I see people with monster hand get stunned when they get caught by a hand that they did not see coming and many times because they slow player it and then on the turn or river never put them on a sneaky hand, they let see a free card to get there. Lets say a 6 hits on the turn on the K,9,5 flop. The player your against could have 2 pair, or a straight. If your not paying attention to the flop and its textures you can pay a big price. Its easy to see the flush show up but not as easy for straights.