Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
This is gonna be a little different. One of the things we all say when we play poker early in a tournament it's a bad beat and somebody left for very few chips. So what do we see? How many times have you seen somebody just leave the table or just going all in? We've all heard the story a chip and a chair yet why do so many people just throw away those last few chips or chip.

For today we're gonna keep it simple tell us your great comeback? It doesn't have to be a win but telling your story of perseverance.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I've had two great comebacks over my career. The first one about 17 years ago when I was down to almost no chips and came back to win a sit and go. But last week I outdid myself and have what I consider my greatest comeback. We've all been there, it's third hand of the tournament and we wake up with aces, decides to go all in and we lose to a flop turned or revered set. With 58 chips left what should we do. I had three hands before the big blind in this turbo event and I ended up with Suited connectors under the gun which I pushed I got called by two people but flopped 2 pair to win a nice hand and suddenly I have almost 200 chips. Next hand I'm Dealt ace king in the big blind. Lucky for me there were several limpers and the maniac who took all my chips raised it up so I went all in there are two callers and the maniacs jams. I had the best hand and took it down and suddenly I'm up to about 800 chips. Most of the next level goes by when I wake up with pocket 8’s. With a raise and two calls in front of me I go all in with my 20 big blind stack and get called by a smaller pair to double up to get somewhere around 17 or 18 hundred and chips. 2 levels later I have pocket jacks with 17 big blinds I open raise and my maniac friend 3 bets made to put me all in his ace king doesn't improve and I am now back above starting stack. I would bounce around here for a little while before getting it in versus my friend again after flopping a set a fives. Lucky for me he actually had a big hand and couldn't fold it and I doubled up again. With over 7000 in chips I was still very short stacked but I was never in desperate shape at this point. I would win a few small pots and have about 8500 at the 200/ 400 level when I would freeze and get caught with pocket threes, my flopped set is against this two pair and once again I would double up. At this point you have to remember I had 58 chips and suddenly I'm over 18,000 after winning this hand blind and antes. As this was a terrible event we were actually starting to get close to the money bubble At the 600 1200 level. My stock had stayed about the same at this point when I woke up with pocket 10s, and got it all in versus ace queen where my hand held and we're now in the 37,000 range. A few levels later I would actually make the money and I'd actually be up to about 42,000 in chips. I was never above chip average but I've been holding my own just below it for a while when I would win another monster pot. I believe it was ace king versus ace Jack and after winning this hand I was at my peak of about 72,000 chips and better still we were in the money and I just won my second bounty of the tournament. I would soon lose a big hand would be down to about 28,000 in chips after losing a flip. I would grow it back up a bit before the final hand came and I lost my second flip but I finished 58th out of over 850 players. I almost 3Xed my buy in thanks to the bounties. Had I not lost the big flip I could have been almost a top ten stack with just over 65 left. When you realize I went from 58 to 72,000 plus chips not because I gambled because I chose the best playable hands in situations got some hands and won. Was I lucky to win so many good hands and get decently playable hands versus maniacs or people who act just worse than I did of course. But I could have been out of the tournament two hours earlier. I could have just thrown that equity away. While I did not win the tournament I felt like a true winner that night just because I didn't give up the fight. Well we don't often get this lucky we need to realize that when we have chips we're still alive and you should continue to fight and try to win. Don't give up. You never know what will happen when you do and when you continue even though this may not happen to you very often it is extremely satisfying when it does. As long as you have a chip in that chair fight to the finish. This is not meant to be a brag and I can see how some people would look at this post that way this is an extremely Event that I got to go so deep in. But how many times have I come back because I refuse to give up fighting even heads up being down 9 to one don't give up. Would you give up in the wsop main event? No, then why give up in a $1.10 event?

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I had a situation at the final table when I had 0.8 blinds left and luck smiled on me and I won this tournament))