How to play JJ out of position?

A

azgul24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Would you like to know how to play with JJ out of position?

Rost

Rost

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Would you like to know how to play with JJ out of position?
It depends on many factors, and there is no single scenario. It depends on the structure and stage of the tournament, it depends on the number of opponents at the table, it depends on the size of your stack and the size of your opponents' stack, it depends on the format of the tournament. There are many factors that need to be taken into account, and each situation needs to be assessed individually.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
At least I would play JJ carefully

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Playing a pocket pair of JJ in poker requires a tactical approach and the ability to adapt to different situations at the table. Jacks are a strong starting hand, but their effective use depends on the context, your position at the table, the playing styles of your opponents, and other factors.When you have a pair of jacks on the flop, but there are cards higher than your jacks on the board, the situation becomes more complicated. You need to carefully evaluate your hand and decide how best to make the most of the current situation.

A

azgul24

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Jogar um par de JJ no pôquer requer uma abordagem tática e a capacidade de se adaptar a diferentes situações na mesa. Valetes são uma mão inicial forte, mas seu uso efetivo depende do contexto, sua posição na mesa, os estilos de jogo de seus oponentes e outros fatores. Quando você tem um par de valetes no flop, mas há cartas maiores do que seus valetes na mesa, a situação se torna mais complicada. Você precisa avaliar cuidadosamente sua mão e decidir como aproveitar melhor a situação atual.
Thanks for the guidelines 🙂

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What position are you in at the table, whats the action before you? What type of opponents are at the table left to act after you? You want to play it tight, set mining? If you're short stacked in a tourn then there is only one thing to do with it and that's easy. How good is YOUR flop play? Will you get too carried away with it on a questionable board?

Lots of variables with more involved answers then there are some easy answers.

Look for the easiest answer first that makes sense to you on your level then start questioning your answer.

So write down your response then alter the answer as your knowledge grows.

You would be surprised at what the responses are if you kept a journal going back . . . years, lol. And its a good idea to look at your development.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
The most corect and no risk play îs to just call / limp 😄, but if you have no actions în front of you you can bet 3-4BBs

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
JJ out of position is a recipe for disaster especially in 3bet pot. I play them very very cautiously unfortunately when you don't have many chips you got to with it, it is still overall a pretty solid hand.

Ogma

Ogma

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
Should we not be playing all our cards very cautiously, irrespective of what they are and what position we are in?

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I am not afraid to do an all in early in the tournament with JJ, so I am not wasting my time bubbling a few hours later.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the situation. You might end up winning a lot of chips unexpectedly.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
JJ cost me twice in high stakes games . Trap hand I call it , the same as AQ , be given early to play it and then be given a bad exit hand lol . Ofcourse of you know good online poker , how to play with rng , then ofcourse you will know how to play every hand on every position . And JJ . I do not know .

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think we can openraise your hand and coldcall 3bet after that.
Good Luck!

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
JJ is a nice start, but usually doesnt hold up with a high flop, so i play them cautiously

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will lose win jacks more than win, so factor that into your decision making.

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
JJ out of position is a recipe for disaster especially in 3bet pot. I play them very very cautiously unfortunately when you don't have many chips you got to with it, it is still overall a pretty solid hand.
Lol, who don't know your game and read this, can think you "think" something playing poker. JJ is a overall hand, but today you open/call all in utg 30% stack with QTo on semi ft. Yeah, another pro player of words on the forum

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
Lol, who don't know your game and read this, can think you "think" something playing poker. JJ is a overall hand, but today you open/call all in utg 30% stack with QTo on semi ft. Yeah, another pro player of words on the forum
Guessing I won the hand if you are crying about it, I don't remember it.
Pretty much says all over my profile that I am a Donkey. I never claim I am pro player or that I even know what I doing most times.