How to Know When to Play Draws

R

Ratonero2024

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
AR
Chips
There are 2 occasions when it is correct to play draws: first, when you can get a free card or at least get the right odds to do so and second when you can use it to do a semi-bluff. Let's look at the first hypothesis:

To determine if you have the right pot odds, you need to know how much money is in the pot, how much it will cost you, and the chances you have of making your hand. There are a couple of other ingredients. If you're going to call a draw, you should be sure that if you manage to make your hand, you'll win. For example, if you have

And the flop is

, you have a 2-pronged straight draw. The problem is that you may end up forming your straight, but losing your hand. As you can see, there are two diamonds on the table, so if the

On the turn, you will make your straight but the opponent may have made a flush. In addition, suppose the

on the turn. Again you will have formed your straight, but an opponent can have KQ and form a higher straight

H

hungup

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
when you say play - you mean call right?

we talking Nl limit holdem! yeah

I like position and I like a lot off chips!

standard play is too float opener's draws! raise flush draws

float the straight draws - the therory being if the guy checks the turn you have a chance too steal the pot

raise the flush draws! the therory behind it being the Villain just might fold - if not you got outs!

how do you know when too play draws? Experience

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the situation. Take a number of factors into consideration.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You always can play draw if the opponent give you normal pot odds. Try to play secretly and collect you combination and then play agressive

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I play draws when it's cheap to see the next card. However I won't spend much to chase a straight if there is a flush draw on the board, and the same goes for not chasing a flush draw if I see a pair on the board, as someone could have flopped a full house.