H

hungup

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Pot odds are not my strong point

So I was involved in this hand in a small live tourney and I would like too know how too calculate pot odds!

I've got a 40k stack and the villain has a stack off roughly 80k

blinds are 800/1600 and there is no ante

there is a raise in early position too 3,200 and I call

Villain re raise's too 9,600 and the SB calls

original raiser folds!

I push all In for 40k!

Villain and SB Fold

Should the Villain have folded here? are does he have the right price too call with any two cards?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its not just a simple pot odds situation, since Villain also had SB left to act behind him. But in general we are not committed to the pot, when we have put in 25% of the effective stack preflop, which mean, we can still have some folds. And if he was squeezing light with a hand like A5s or KJs, it seems completely reasonable to let it go, when he face this backraise with another guy left to act behind him.

H

hungup

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Its not just a simple pot odds situation, since Villain also had SB left to act behind him. But in general we are not committed to the pot, when we have put in 25% of the effective stack preflop, which mean, we can still have some folds. And if he was squeezing light with a hand like A5s or KJs, it seems completely reasonable to let it go, when he face this backraise with another guy left to act behind him.
I hear ya!

my gut at the time says my stack is big enough, so that he should fold ax, kj range!

but I was thinking about it afterwards with SB calling the 3bet, the pot got bigger

Its not that he is pot committed!

but has he value too call with A x and KJ range!

(off course it helps if you know what the Villain's hand actual was!)

but there is 33,000 roughly in the pot! with 30,000 roughly too call!

he has too take into consideration, that if he calls SB is still in hand!

I think maybe if a my stack was a little smaller or b/ his stack was a little higher, the Villain should perhaps take the punt!

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry to say,
but this information is way too less to give a reasonable answer.
Your hand and your position, initial raiser position. Since no one called your push we can only play gues what has been going on
It is not a pot odds question, it is a starting hand question preflop.
Imo none of the players had a hand that would call your push (in this case it is not any 2 that call this push, QQ+, AK, AQs and maybe AJs call you here)

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think he can call if he have a good hand like QQ+ and pot odds do not meter in this situation, because he lose his big stack and maybe lose the game
Good luck

Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator