Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Does anyone take notes on the material they are studying? Can you advise which application is best to use, or is it better to use the old-fashioned way - in a notebook?

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I write things down in composition notebooks. Flash cards helped with a lot of things with poker math. What I have learned is that if I write it down it is always there to study for later. If you don’t write it down you may forget what you learn. With poker there is so much to learn that I found this to be the best way.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are a visual learner, the value of note taking on screen can be really useful however i agree with @dannystanks that having a small notepad is useful for an instant note especially during a game or when multi tabling.
I will often make a note on a player if they make an interesting play whether that be a loose call or a speculative play and it definitely helps, especially so if you are playing against them regularly for example our freerolls and leagues.
We have a lot of very good poker players here at CC so its worth noting down trends, patterns, bet sizing, LAG and TAG players as well as the NITS.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Does anyone take notes on the material they are studying? Can you advise which application is best to use, or is it better to use the old-fashioned way - in a notebook?
I use the usual classic notepad that is installed on my smartphone by default. It's simple, convenient and ad-free. But if I read a book not in electronic format but a real book, then it is more convenient for me to take notes with a pen on paper.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
I never write anything down and keep all the information in my head.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'd like a method that we can quickly write down when we're at at least 4 tables. Any tips on how to code it?

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Too vague...First make sure you have structure...First is a course from cardschat...Study that if need notes write them as viewing the video it covers WELL everything you should learn...Do you need to keep learning YES ALWAYS...So study next material...Great thing if you got the internet? is a million ways to learn FREE youtube twitch etc...and is some good ways to pay to learn some really good coaches is also some guys who are world winners every level who have classes even pretty cheap etc...NOW how do i put all together..Most important is paying attention eveytime you play...We got a small amount of people here at cards chat say in league...Take notes live one how they played certain hands when you get that full information which you ? Dont right things like idiot dummy etc...we dont know from one instance if they had bad read etc..Yes I think everyone should play this league who can basically i put it at 2/5 level of ring poker on a good site...So one thing you will learn discipline playing league...Dont over do it...Be open to try different ways is millions...Be open to suggestion..Open to trying those new ways....This is a great forum actually best in existence by far imo...Got knowledge from thousands of people who have went to all different levels in poker...Who learned it by application playing millions of hands and thousands of people? I would say most of these people have some measure of success....Isnt the internet amazing? So ya keep asking the ? of your friends team mates and here and you can go to any level it takes time sometimes we try to move too fast so you back down a bit...Just know this is an unmeasurable amount of knowledge here of friendship here which we all want you to succeed :) At least I hope so..So ya notes are always important...I put them on all the time sometimes since im a run on mind person they become books like here :) but it helps my mind how I learn...I have cognitive issues so constantly checking my ranges my works my thoughts....This helps :)

Marshmalo1994

Marshmalo1994

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I've seen a pretty good coach taking notes with the basic bloc notes PC App.
Depending on what Apps are you using to study, most of them allows you to take notes or place bookmarks. From trackers and got solvers to a pdf reader.
To me, Word is good enough if I want to write something down.

B

beazer76

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
KH
Chips
I use a notebook to make notes. also, I make questions and answers on the material ( flashcards/ memory card).

Flyer35

Flyer35

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't think taking notes is a good idea in the first place. You won't have time to refer to those notes when playing, and definitely not when playing live. My advice - try to commit your best ideas to memory.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would have to be the memo feature. It is built into most computers and smartphones.