Best source of free study material to improve???

J

Jaelan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
Hey All

To give you some context to my post, I have been playing poker since 2007 with a few years break and returned to the game last year. I received some coaching back in 2009 ish and became a winning player. I was then staked online for about 9months and did moderately well before giving up poker to have a child. I returned to the game last year and have done ok. My biggest score being 10k for coming 2nd in a SCOOP event. The game has changed quite a bit during my absence with the introducion of solvers and GTO etc so I know i need to study more to bring myself back up to scratch. If i was to categorize my skill level I would say I'm an above average solid player with more than average understanding of the game. I have just finished 10 days of live poker at the Goliath festival having cashed only once (which i know is more than normal due to variance) but I have realised I have a few leaks in my game, even as basic as shoving ranges for sub 20x stacks which i want to plug.

I'm looking for the best source of charts to study and other core poker material that is up to date. Can anyone link me up please or give me any pointers or recommendations please?

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey All

To give you some context to my post, I have been playing poker since 2007 with a few years break and returned to the game last year. I received some coaching back in 2009 ish and became a winning player. I was then staked online for about 9months and did moderately well before giving up poker to have a child. I returned to the game last year and have done ok. My biggest score being 10k for coming 2nd in a SCOOP event. The game has changed quite a bit during my absence with the introducion of solvers and GTO etc so I know i need to study more to bring myself back up to scratch. If i was to categorize my skill level I would say I'm an above average solid player with more than average understanding of the game. I have just finished 10 days of live poker at the Goliath festival having cashed only once (which i know is more than normal due to variance) but I have realised I have a few leaks in my game, even as basic as shoving ranges for sub 20x stacks which i want to plug.

I'm looking for the best source of charts to study and other core poker material that is up to date. Can anyone link me up please or give me any pointers or recommendations please?
GTO WIZARD is a great place for all you are looking for for free---yes it has limits for free version but it is the best free source out there:unsure::geek:

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey All

Upswing poker has some useful charts for you at no cost. also check out the CC course below. Again free and very useful

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
One tip I always give is to watch reviews of tournaments you play or big tournaments to see how the pros play.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think the best way to learn poker it is take a good coach
Good luck!

S

starc01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PK
Chips
To give you some context to my post, I have been playing poker since 2007 with a few years break and returned to the game last year. I received some coaching back in 2009 ish and became a winning player. I was then staked online for about 9months and did moderately well before giving up poker to have a child. I returned to the game last year and have done ok. My biggest score being 10k for coming 2nd in a SCOOP event. The game has changed quite a bit during my absence with the introducion of solvers and GTO etc so I know i need to study more to bring myself back up to scratch. If i was to categorize my skill level I would say I'm an above average solid player with more than average understanding of the game. I have just finished 10 days of live poker at the Goliath festival having cashed only once (which i know is more than normal due to variance) but I have realised I have a few leaks in my game, even as basic as shoving ranges for sub 20x stacks which i want to plug. bb racing
Thanks for sharing your background! It sounds like you have a solid foundation and some impressive achievements, especially coming 2nd in a SCOOP event. It's great that you're aware of the areas you want to improve, especially with how much the game has evolved with solvers and GTO strategies. Plugging leaks like shoving ranges for sub-20x stacks can definitely make a difference. It’s awesome that you’re eager to study and adapt to the modern game. Keep at it, and best of luck with your continued progress!