Be honest: Do you study to be a better poker no limit player? or just play for fun?

TulasMoreno

TulasMoreno

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I was just wondering how many people from CardsChat community study the game with a coach, books or videos on YouTube?
In my case im in a poker group with a coach that per week gives us 2-3 online classes and have more than 200 recorded classes to review, im not a full time player but I want to be more profitable and make from poker a second income.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I play for fun and money is already secondary, by the way, I play very little before there was some kind of excitement or expectation of luck, but now it is as it is, I'm tired of washing.

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Everything I do in my daily life, I like to give my best. That's why when I actively play tournaments and cash games, I like to study while I play, as it helps me improve. I watch my favorite poker players and read about poker. However, this means that in the months when I don't have much time, I have to step away from poker.

C

Cooking

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nowadays I rarely study anymore. I don't have time to study poker or at least I always prefer to do something else. Poker is just a hobby and I have fun playing and not studying poker.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Currently I play for fun. But I am also learning. In the future I might aim to become a professional player.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
I'm retired from poker.

Can't play live and online is almost dead over 10-25NL.

So really no point in studying anymore.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In my case, it's passion, I've been playing for more than 55 years, it would be the greatest fun anyone must have ever had, I started with friends for pure fun, and I fell in love.

Flyer35

Flyer35

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I used to study the game. I had so many hands go the wrong way against the odds I eventually gave up. Now I just play for fun.

R.Melnyk77

R.Melnyk77

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I was just wondering how many people from CardsChat community study the game with a coach, books or videos on YouTube?
In my case im in a poker group with a coach that per week gives us 2-3 online classes and have more than 200 recorded classes to review, im not a full time player but I want to be more profitable and make from poker a second income.
For me, poker is entertainment but also a source of additional income. I'm learning to play on my own, without a coach, without books, without videos, and solely by making my own mistakes. In general, this suits me quite well because I will definitely not become a professional player, I have too little time and too little patience for that.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
No study here, just experience and feelings 🤙😁, plus i really play to relax myself 🤩

neptunas888

neptunas888

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I constantly watch courses online, watch broadcasts on Twitch and ask questions

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Personally, I always have my own way of trying to do things, and it's not always the best attitude, and it almost never is.
I've never had much patience to follow schedules, and poker is no different.
I love poker because there's no magic formula. I can play my best poker game one day and lose miserably, or I can play terribly and win an expensive tournament.
This unpredictability fits in very well with my worldview.
I can't follow a formula. I like the game to teach me its nuances.

sibkaz

sibkaz

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
The mathematically intuitive method, gives a sense of understating the variability of possibilities ... Volatility as part of a constant process of stability ... ))) Sense develops), sometimes even the head buzzes and the cards become vivid ... I would like to develop this ... )))))) And then how to ...use it ! )))

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I can honestly say that I just play for fun, that's why I don't even complain when I'm eliminated from a tournament, whether I played well or not.
It would be nice to improve myself, but it is not easy to make time for studying in addition to everyday work and family, when you are already tired in the evening and just want to relax.

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
To improve my game not much anymore although I still do hand reviews to keep my game on track and to keep bad habits from forming. By not much anymore I mean I have tried studying 6 max to improve and play it but seemingly I have failed miserably at it. I'm still not comfortable or a good 6 max cash player. 6 max MTT's now I'm good at and can be a winning player but 6 max cash idk......I simply don't get, don't have a feel or flow of it.

With that said I studied my ass off for months before I even started to play 20+ years and for the first 5 first I played. So even though the competition has gotten harder online over the years I still have been able to keep up and be a winning player up to 50nl full-ring and in MTT's of all buy-in sizes up to the Sunday Million.

My study method way back when I did study to improve and build my game was reading every old good poker book I could find. Likely easy spent 1k+ on poker books I have so many still laying around here.

Fwiw I only ever considered and still only myself a hobby/rec player despite the fact I likely studied and worked 100x harder then most hobby/rec players. I never did consider it work thou. I considered it learning my hobby as I'm also a very competitive guy and if I'm taking something on as a hobby I'm gonna be the best I can be at it.

Cheers!!!

maronza1

maronza1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BW
Chips
I just play for fun, not studying the game anymore, the game is full of swings, when you hit a straight someone hit a full house, when you think you got it someone else got a better hand than you, its just when you are lucky

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So i have 34 years of poker experience and during that time, i have played mainly live cash and MTT tourneys, i have never had a dedicated poker coach but i have received game analysis from pros and affiliate myself to various twitch streamers, BBZ training package (recent) and i actively take steps to improve my game.
Its purely bankroll why i don't play at a higher level, i have the game for it but not the spare cash.
I make a point of regularly revisiting the basics and where tweaks are needed to change elements of my game, i make those changes. Poker has evolved so much during my lifetime but certain fundamentals will never change.

So to answer the question - i play for both fun and for profit, i now have the time to act on the former which is another reason why i returned to the best poker community - CC.

YLAN

YLAN

Sida Nga Taraki
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play whenever I can to sharpen up my game. What else is there to study? There is no lesson to beat luck.

Q3

flabilim

flabilim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It depends, sometimes I watch videos of some moves, or watch championship lives, it's a way of improving, but I play recreationally

H

havingfun

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
ZA
Chips
I watch a lot of poker related content on youtube, but othen than that I use my own experiences to learn.

10gerka

10gerka

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that for me I always need to study the game every day to have talented results, and that is what I want in the future, you can also have fun in this game.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Can you be more specific? Why is online poker dead over 10-25?
It's very hard to win more than pocket money when the games are this tight:

9aZoom6b

AND you also have the Bot/RTA/Collusion/AI problem:

hardongear

hardongear

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Lmfao at those miserable
It's very hard to win more than pocket money when the games are this tight:

View attachment 369978View attachment 369979View attachment 369980

AND you also have the Bot/RTA/Collusion/AI problem:

Lmfao at those 6 miserable human beings sitting on the 6 max table Hus III. Imagine how dam pathetic, miserable and shitty a game them 6 guys are having. Grinding hours like that to try and barely make a min wage living. What a miserable existence to live.

There's no wondering why most poker players trying to make a living are miserable looking human beings and mostly always unhappy.

Cheers!!!