Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I always played without worrying about managing my bankroll. However, I recently won $120 and because I didn't manage the bankroll I ended up going to zero.
I would like guidance on how to manage a bank.
Initially, a value from which I can start proper management and how to do it.
Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences with me.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
A general rule is to have at least 100 buyins when you play tournaments.

So when you have a bankroll of $100, you can play tournaments up to 1$.

We cannot talk about bankroll management when you have only something like 10$ in your bank since there's rarely anything offered for 10c.

Hope that helps a little.

If you browse the forum a bit, there's definitely some more detailed guidance on BRM.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would say that is a fine start from @Andyreas

I would add that with a small BR you can lower the numbers too, like say 50 buy ins, for MTT's, but make sure these are not massive games with over 1000 players. try to keep these games smaller as you reduce your variance that way.

Finally you have to keep it interesting. So maybe every 20 MTT's or so, take a shot at at $5 game, but keep this to the mimimum, and make sure you are at your best before you play this one.

Finally if you are tilting and still want to play, try to go even lower on the buy ins!!

Edit: try to consider the money you have like a business would. So if you had only $120 as a business, you would not risk it all, as then the business would be finished....you would be cautious and careful, make a plan, and stick to it. But take some calculated risks when you felt ready!

Good luck

Last edited:
Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I always played without worrying about managing my bankroll. However, I recently won $120 and because I didn't manage the bankroll I ended up going to zero.
I would like guidance on how to manage a bank.
Initially, a value from which I can start proper management and how to do it.
Thank you in advance for sharing your experiences with me.
In my opinion, the optimal size is $100. Everyone has their own style of play and their own preferences, but I'm a pretty conservative player, I only play in tournaments and don't spend more than $3-5 per night, that's my limit. So my limit is 3-5% of my bankroll per game session.

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management