Did you fold KK, QQ or JJ before the flop?

Lucho.riv9

Lucho.riv9

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It clearly depends a lot on the situation. If I'm desperate because I'm short on chips, I wouldn't fold any of those hands. However, if I'm in a good position, I might fold JJ and QQ against someone with a stack similar to mine. During the bubble, you play a lot with ICM, and I could even fold KK in that situation if I've already made it to the money without doing anything, and losing that all-in could leave me in a tough spot. However, I would never fold AA pre-flop; I'll always be ahead with that hand, and even though I might lose 18% of the time, it's still the correct play.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
However, I would never fold AA pre-flop; I'll always be ahead with that hand, and even though I might lose 18% of the time, it's still the correct play.
There might be some rare cases when it's the correct play to even fold AA on the bubble:
In a satellite, if a big stack who has you covered jammed preflop and you do not gain anything more with the additional potential chips to be won but loose the payout/ticket in case you loose the hand.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that even AA is a good fold on the bubble
but what to do other situations?
I always call with these hands. I fold only “1010” and “JJ” and only in situations where 3 or more players play against me all-in with a stack higher than mine. :unsure:

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Folding JJ+ on the bubble is playing super tight. So basically you are folding 100% of hands no matter what on the bubble. If your motivation is to just cash, then I can see someone doing this.
But I’m never going to do that with these hands, they are way too strong and if we want to win we have to fight. If we are short stacked then this is the hand you need for a double, bubble or not. If you have a big stack we should be using it against all the Nits in this bubble situation and if we have one of these hands, when the Nits does decide to call, we will be ahead most of the time.
If we loose on the bubble with one of these hands who cares, it’s poker and it’s part of the game we must accept otherwise you will try to play too perfect and your chips just get blinded out.
These are strong hands and they deserve a nice big pot so go for it.

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Folding JJ+ on the bubble is playing super tight. So basically you are folding 100% of hands no matter what on the bubble. If your motivation is to just cash, then I can see someone doing this.
But I’m never going to do that with these hands, they are way too strong and if we want to win we have to fight. If we are short stacked then this is the hand you need for a double, bubble or not. If you have a big stack we should be using it against all the Nits in this bubble situation and if we have one of these hands, when the Nits does decide to call, we will be ahead most of the time.
If we loose on the bubble with one of these hands who cares, it’s poker and it’s part of the game we must accept otherwise you will try to play too perfect and your chips just get blinded out.
These are strong hands and they deserve a nice big pot so go for it.
It will always depend on the situation my friend, if there are several people short with less than 5bbs, it is better to wait for the bubble to burst or get a payjump, AA,KK it will never be bad to pay, however, it will also be good in very specific situations, that being said, you He can also put a lot of pressure on his opponents in these scenarios, but you have to pay attention to whether he is a good player to know how to fold hands that he should fold... because there is no point in playing aggressive vs. a look.

S

stank12345

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold those hands if it was very close to the money otherwise I would play KK,QQ and fold JJ

luckyfish98

luckyfish98

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
It will always depend on the situation my friend, if there are several people short with less than 5bbs, it is better to wait for the bubble to burst or get a payjump, AA,KK it will never be bad to pay, however, it will also be good in very specific situations, that being said, you He can also put a lot of pressure on his opponents in these scenarios, but you have to pay attention to whether he is a good player to know how to fold hands that he should fold... because there is no point in playing aggressive vs. a look.
I agree that any money gained is worth more than a nice loss on the bubble with JJ+

I agree that any money gained is worth more than losing bravs on the bubble with JJ+
I agree that any money gained is more valuable than boldly losing on the bubble with JJ+

Last edited:
C

Cooking

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would never fold an AA pre flop, because it's the best hand and you can't play with fear of losing if you want to win in my opinion, even on the bubble. KK depending of the situation I can think about folding, but also very difficult for me to do. QQ and JJ I can easily fold depending of the situation.

W

WellAA

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that even AA is a good fold on the bubble
but what to do other situations?
on the bubble for a satellite ticket, when You already have the necessary chips, why bother to call? Otherwise AA it's a must call hand situation, or maybe You want the buy-in back so badly, Everyone knows where the shoe pinches.:cool::p:ROFLMAO:

amonlima

amonlima

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree that any money gained is worth more than a nice loss on the bubble with JJ+

I agree that any money gained is worth more than losing bravs on the bubble with JJ+
I agree that any money gained is more valuable than boldly losing on the bubble with JJ+
Exactly my friend, in situations where we have a short stack and we are in a payjump or bubble situation, it is more important to grab the prize pool than to double our chips.

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
WOULD not fold A A but all the others if it a bubble hand. Have been in that stop a few times.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
with KK I wouldn't fold pre flop, but with QQ and JJ yes including JJ I fold almost daily hehehe

Flyer35

Flyer35

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I guess you guys are defaulting to a shove pre-flop type of strategy? That rarely happens at the bubble. And it's usually going to be either the guy holding the Aces or the short stack. So fold to the first and play against the second.

In other situations we all know that we're playing these hands pretty much all the time.

flabilim

flabilim

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
It depends if I'm in the bubble and there are already two villains in a winning pocket for AA to get into the money, now if it's in other situations and above them.

D

dompoker

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't fold with QQ and OK, JJ yes, because it's a weak hand, and I prefer to fold that hand.

pep12343

pep12343

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Your question must be formulated in a specific way in order to be answered. However, I can say the following:
AA: The only way to fold it correctly is when you play satellite tournaments where the entry that the first and the last placed in positions will win is of equal value, and we take into account that by folding you will reach the prize named above. Otherwise, folding AA is the worst decision you'll ever make preflop, we're all invaded by the thought of “I'm sure he gave me AA to lose, everything is manipulated”. But with that thought you should walk away if you're not willing to call on the best hand of all.

Leaving that aside, there is the possibility of folding hands like KK QQ if you detect that an opponent has AA, otherwise you will find a great coolers or a great bad beat.

I recently saw a hand that I can't remember who was playing, where there were a lot of preflop ups and downs, which led to both KK and QQ deciding to fold and AA taking their pot without even being able to play the flop.

Folding in Poker