What do they hope to achieve by playing poker, just for fun or thinking about making a living from it?

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that any player uses poker for their own purposes, but the majority is aimed at money.

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Currently playing for fun and I consider poker as a hobby. But I have a goal in the future to develop my game and become a professional

ednaroza

ednaroza

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Still figuring this out... :D
But most likely it will remain just a hobby, I am studying and working in a totally different field.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good afternoon.Both to earn extra money and have fun in this game.I think they match well

aurora1207

aurora1207

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Currently, I play poker for fun but I work hard to make a living from it.

I know it's not easy to make a living from poker but hopefully I'll get there soon.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think every poker player wants to become a poker millionaire and become very rich and maybe everyone's dream will come true someday, but you don't need to use the game as a profit only when you have a lot of money won after you can turn it into a profession

MrCryJoker

MrCryJoker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
"Bad is the soldier who does not want to be a general." I think a lot of poker players think about money. Remember all the noise Chris Moneymaker made back in the day? His story inspired a lot of people back then, but as time went on poker disappointed them, it turned out to be not so simple.

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
In my case, to this day, I haven't thought about using poker as a means of living, but one day who knows...
In general, I play for fun, poker is just a hobby for me, but sometimes poker still brings me money and it's very nice. This money is not enough to pay all my bills, but it is a nice bonus to my salary :)

jose_saleh

jose_saleh

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PE
Chips
Of course most people aims to get money with poker, but consider only a really small part of poker players can succed enough to make it their main profession. What I do, and I can suggest you to do the same, is to play it for fun, expecting to get some refund to sum to my main income, and try not to invest more than 5% of you total regular income on it so you don't start getting financial issues.

10gerka

10gerka

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to become a professional poker player, with perseverance, hard work and study you can achieve it.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play micro-stakes [$1] mtts for final tables and mtt wins.

while I am profitable over many years of playing micro-stakes mtts, I never cared about the money. instead, I like the glory of besting the other players and making final tables / winning the mtt. especially since I only register last minute and purposely put myself at a disadvantage.

being near the bottom and crawling my way to the final table / victory just makes it so much sweeter.

R

Riverboatbrush

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I play for fun, and if I get a decent win (at my stakes £100+) I'll withdraw some and treat myself to a nice bottle of rum. Certainly couldn't make a living at it though.

K

Kurchina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BA
Chips
I love poker and it's very fun for me, but it's about the money at the end of the day. Hoping to generate a nice side income.

juan1579

juan1579

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I think that both fun and living from poker

ledsmith

ledsmith

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It takes a lot of time and effort to make poker a profession and the only means of earning money, and it is also possible that you will lose money instead of making money. So isn't it better to spend time and energy on finding a normal profession where you will not win money from others, but will create real values for which you will receive money.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Now I just enjoy playing poker sometimes I can win some money and at this stage of my life that's enough for me!!!

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In most cases, the thirst for money ...

C

Cooking

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I started to play poker many years ago I wasn't in college yet, so, yes I thought about playing poker for a living. Almost 17 years later, I've had graduated in college and I like my real job, so, I wouldn't trade my job for a poker carrer. Also, when I started to play poker it was a different scenario, it was way easier to win money playing poker than it is today.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I buy food with the money I earn from poker , mainly in cardschat freerolls , I hope one day in the future I can improve my level and be able to go to Europe and the United States with poker money

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This all depends on what you want for your life and what your purpose is.

Junk_hand_Jack

Junk_hand_Jack

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NZ
Chips
In my case, to this day, I haven't thought about using poker as a means of living, but one day who knows...
I play for fun but if you want to have a good game you have to play for money. Play money games are full of lunatics because there is no consequence to losing. Although to be fair, it can be the same in micro-stakes games.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi :)
I don't know about them, but personally I play just for fun. I have no doubts that poker can bring income. This requires hard and persistent work, but nevertheless it is real.

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For me personally, this is an additional income, I have a main job and poker to which I devote my free time and win a little at a distance. And for some it can be as the main form of income

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play for fun. I know that it takes a lot of study and commitment to make a living with poker and that's not my case.