Playing poker while have family

Ncsaba1988

Ncsaba1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
HU
Chips
What's your wife/husband/ or partner say when you play poker a lot. Are they angry or they dont mind?

hardongear

hardongear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
My ex's hated it even though it made money which quite a bit was spent on them. The wife/partner I have now doesn't mind and will even watch some and asks questions. Long as she gets her quality time and I'm getting other shit done that needs done around the house all good. Not like I get in a lot of volume now days like I use too so. Probably gonna keep this wife she's better pocket aces :LOL:.

What she doesn't like and isn't big on is sitting here watching my big all-in river bluffs with nothing :ROFLMAO:. Got quite a scream and a good smack from her a few weeks ago when I pulled one in a Tourney(I normally play cash)so she thought it was a cash table at first as she just came in the room and glanced at the table quickly as I clicked all-in for 20k in chips :ROFLMAO:.

How about your wife, gf or partner Ncsaba?

Cheers!!!

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont play all that much to make her angry. And i usually choose the time of day that it doesnt bother her.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
What's your wife/husband/ or partner say when you play poker a lot. Are they angry or they dont mind?
I live alone. But when I lived with my family, I never had a problem, my loved ones always left me time to play and never distracted me.

C

Cooking

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not married, but I remember that when I used to live with my family, my mom didn't like the game because I used to play for many hours per day.

zer0ne

zer0ne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Yes they be angry when they see me playing a lot of times .

D

daibert murillo

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is difficult to concentrate even when you have children, no matter how much you try to be alone to focus on thinking strategies, it is almost impossible.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
My family and friends don't mind me playing poker sometimes when I play a lot, I feel like I don't spend much time with my family. That's why I sometimes try not to play so long and often

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My Wife does not have a problem with me playing Poker. It's the losing she doesn't like!
She used to be a manager of an Arcade where they gambled on slot machines, and she hates gambling! I lost interest on slot machines when I saw how much she had to bank each week from all the punters and it ran into the Thousands of pounds every week.
There really is only one winner on those damned things and it ain't the punters!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
There is no game in the family, I won’t be able to concentrate on the game like that, you need to play in silence and so that no one distracts, you can sometimes play with friends.Poker penetrates into our homes, which is not surprising, because it is an excellent opportunity to spend leisure time in an exciting and useful way.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My family does support my playing. The main reason for this is I play what I can afford to lose but more important.... My family comes 1st. My kids need me, I dont play. Wife needs me, I don't play. Family is forever.... Poker is just a game.

lacroir

lacroir

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
The exact same question went through my mind a couple of days ago and just wanted to post here in CC 🤣
In my case I also find it hard to make time for my play. My soon-to-be-wife is fully supportive and does not really bother when I'm playing, but the problem is that I really prefer longer tournaments, like 2-3+ hours at least. And this can be hard to find time for it - also by having the kid at home. So usually I just play in the evenings and if I'm (un)lucky and I go well, I just play into the night and struggle the next morning. 🤣

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
My wife understands me, she knows that I like poker a lot, I don't have any family problems because of the game, she supports me in what I do!

whinwa

whinwa

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
She doesn't mind. She's right next to me playing WoW Classic :d

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
You have to differentiate between poker times and family times You have to differentiate between poker times and family times

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general, they treat this with understanding ...

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I am single and I still reduce my poker time :) ...I am thinking with family it will be almost tp none :))

Canaldo Kao

Canaldo Kao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm meeting a nice woman and she likes poker too, so we know how to make time for poker and other things. Then it becomes even easier to decide without arguments and who knows how to lead to a very healthy relationship!❤️:kh4::qh4:

bullkk

bullkk

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have a problem with this in my family.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
Yes I do but without neglecting the family

sidd4rt4

sidd4rt4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
yeah u can try playing like sundays and some hour in the night

Falai_san

Falai_san

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I am still single .
As for my family, they do not mind me playing poker, and there is also one of my brothers who plays poker as well.