Nicknames for Cards

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a game the other day I called a 7 a "Buggy Top". A future hall of famer from Arkansas corrected me and said it was a "Walking Stick."
Babe High used to call an 8 " Rabbit Eyes." I have also heard an 8 called "Pair of Glasses."
So, in NC where I live a 7 is a "Buggy Top" and in Arkansas it is a "Walking Stick."
Does someone that lives somewhere else have a different name of a Buggy Top or Walking Stick for a 7?
What about other cards that have nicknames? What are they?

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
JJ = fishhooks
1010 = trouble or digital

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
Q7 computerhand 22 los dos patitos AA american Airlines,pocket rockets KQ married KQs happily married KK cowboys

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have always called "8/8" Snowmen and once in a heads up race I had called the all-in from one player who was on a shorter stack than me along with another player and when I checked a 7,8,9 Flop he pushed all-in, with a J/10 straight, I just thought to myself I have "Trips", in for a penny, lets go.
I called, and spiked another 7 on the Turn giving me the Nuts, I couldn't help it, but I started singing "Walking in a Winter Wonderland".

Other cards I have Nicknames for are-

Kings-Butchers
Queens- Ladies
Jacks- Hooks
Aces- Rockets
Twos- Deuces or Ducks
Threes - Trays (Trey)
I am sure there are more but they are my favourites.

Ogma

Ogma

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
IE
Chips
I have always called "8/8" Snowmen and once in a heads up race I had called the all-in from one player who was on a shorter stack than me along with another player and when I checked a 7,8,9 Flop he pushed all-in, with a J/10 straight, I just thought to myself I have "Trips", in for a penny, lets go.
I called, and spiked another 7 on the Turn giving me the Nuts, I couldn't help it, but I started singing "Walking in a Winter Wonderland".

Other cards I have Nicknames for are-

Kings-Butchers
Queens- Ladies
Jacks- Hooks
Aces- Rockets
Twos- Deuces or Ducks
Threes - Trays (Trey)
I am sure there are more but they are my favourites.

An 8 on the turn would have given you the nuts.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I call 22 ducks....I heard them called that a long time ago...don't remember where now

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
"QQ" or "KK" I call "first love". As it is difficult to part with them on board and always think about them during the game, and when these cards come to you, it's always like the first time. :ROFLMAO:
"AA" - we call in Ukraine as well as you do - "rockets".
I also call "88" and "44" as "holy nuts". :sneaky:

RhinoRyan89

RhinoRyan89

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
88 can be referred to as Snowmen

Pocket 77s is the its always coming meme