Joy of Learning, Playing, and Changing

M

Moneyjoy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
For several months, I have decided to dive into the world of AI, and it has randomly led me, through circumstances and with the help of my entourage associated with CardsChat, to delve deeply into learning poker, universe of strategies. I take this opportunity to thank you all for helping me enhance my experience every day to become a better player, and a better person through the humility required for progress and success in such a change, at the age of 81.
PS: Feel free to give any suggestions.

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
For several months, I have decided to dive into the world of AI, and it has randomly led me, through circumstances and with the help of my entourage associated with CardsChat, to delve deeply into learning poker, universe of strategies. I take this opportunity to thank you all for helping me enhance my experience every day to become a better player, and a better person through the humility required for progress and success in such a change, at the age of 81.
Wow! I wish I could play as well as you do at 81. I didn't even think you were 81, as your playing style is very interesting, unpredictable and difficult for me. I wish you nothing but victories and feel yourself at the poker table for 18 years. ;)

M

Moneyjoy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Wow! I wish I could play as well as you do at 81. I didn't even think you were 81, as your playing style is very interesting, unpredictable and difficult for me. I wish you nothing but victories and feel yourself at the poker table for 18 years. ;)
Thanks a lot. Eighteen years, it’s worth trying!

M

Margo17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
You are a wise person, congratulations on your vitality and progress in poker, I hope that every day poker gives you great experiences, and not just in poker, but in all the activities you do. A big hug.

najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Well said Jack. Very pleased to meet you sir. I've actually asked "Y" about you, and he introduced you (Kind of) ;)😂🤣.
As to the suggestions, I think you're already in good hands. We've met at the tables twice so far and you're doing great for a "beginner", keep it up bro. Best of luck (y):love:.

rhoudini

rhoudini

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
That's great to read! What a lesson! The real reward is the journey, not the finish line, right?
This is so difficult to learn! Specially playing poker. Everyday we play, we want the 1st place, we want to win.
And even if we try to study and to do our best, when things don't happen as expected, we just get furious.
But we already won if we made good decisions. And if we didn't, we can learn and try to don't repeat the same mistakes.
To be better each day, to evolve and improve. Only a few do it. Thank you for sharing it with us!!!

Shells

Shells

Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That's the very definition of an old guy. Trust me, I know. My wife tells me so repeatedly cuz I forget stuff. :cool:
Old and unpredictable...don't you love it?! Not to mention comments from the young bucks such as 'what you did doesn't make sense'? That truly does make me smile. :D

I'll be keeping an eye out for you from here on, @Moneyjoy! Good luck to you!

M

Moneyjoy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Well said Jack. Very pleased to meet you sir. I've actually asked "Y" about you, and he introduced you (Kind of) ;)😂🤣.
As to the suggestions, I think you're already in good hands. We've met at the tables twice so far and you're doing great for a "beginner", keep it up bro. Best of luck (y):love:.
Y are you so kind?
Yes I hope that we will compete again at our next table, with the best of luck on each side, but just a little bit more on my side, 'pour une fois' ?

M

Moneyjoy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Old and unpredictable...don't you love it?! Not to mention comments from the young bucks such as 'what you did doesn't make sense'? That truly does make me smile. :D

I'll be keeping an eye out for you from here on, @Moneyjoy! Good luck to you!
Hello Shells,
I appreciate your comment, kindness, and consideration towards me.
Moneyjoy

M

Moneyjoy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
That's great to read! What a lesson! The real reward is the journey, not the finish line, right?
This is so difficult to learn! Specially playing poker. Everyday we play, we want the 1st place, we want to win.
And even if we try to study and to do our best, when things don't happen as expected, we just get furious.
But we already won if we made good decisions. And if we didn't, we can learn and try to don't repeat the same mistakes.
To be better each day, to evolve and improve. Only a few do it. Thank you for sharing it with us!!!
Yes, the journey to learning, playing, and evolving is worth all our efforts and patience we have dedicated both on and off the poker table.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Any player has the opportunity to continue a successful playing career even at an advanced age if he can learn the game at the same pace.The key to the problem is the ability to adapt. Old players are less interested in changing things over time.The reason why many older players do not do well today compared to younger players is the environment in which they developed as players. Their game didn't get worse, they just learned when they needed to know much less to win.Over the years, however, energy becomes scarcer, and people have more choices about how to spend it.

M

Moneyjoy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Any player has the opportunity to continue a successful playing career even at an advanced age if he can learn the game at the same pace.
The key to the problem is the ability to adapt. Old players are less interested in changing things over time.The reason why many older players do not do well today compared to younger players is the environment in which they developed as players. Their game didn't get worse, they just learned when they needed to know much less to win.Over the years, however, energy becomes scarcer, and people have more choices about how to spend it.
All my life was about structuring and integrating.
Now, I study poker and play every day, more and more without fatigue. I review a part every day in relation to certain priorities. I have created a temporary environment in my large living room resembling a grand tapestry, among other things, my canvases, where many many handmade posters illustrate all the fundamental concepts and practices of poker. Wherever I look, it reminds me of a strategic tip from this captivating game.
With constantly renewed experience, with the help of Cardschat, there is no doubt that my brain will take care of integrating and structuring everything, in a way similar to organizing a library, where my memory will roam effortlessly, allowing me to utilize any necessary concept or practice at the poker table to subtly unsettle my fellow players, eventually.

M

Moneyjoy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Hello Shells,
I appreciate your comment, kindness, and consideration towards me.
Moneyjoy
UnpredicTABLE is a good adjective in poker, but in life, my values are stable, and form my frame of reference in all important matters.

ninocabral

ninocabral

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For those of you who are starting out in poker, now I have some advice, DON'T BE IN A HURRY and don't be discouraged by losses, which is normal in poker, but you will be rewarded later.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my tip is about the study solver, on this platform the groups of hands are well defined, very different from those online where we face a weaker or stronger ranger, in most cases there is no balance in the micro or freeroll game.
So observe your opponents a lot more to define the range and type of player.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congratulations on your 81 years of life, have a good journey in the world of poker, it's not easy but it's very satisfying.

M

Moneyjoy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
It goes up and down but I like the journey around the table where I meet a lot of players coming from around the world!